cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNABLE TO CONNECT SAP BW SERVER INCOMPLETE LOGON DATA

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to achieve Single Sign On from Business Objects Infoview to SAP BW/BI systems so that users can log into Infoview with their Windows AD account and still be able to refresh and use reports based on SAP BW queries/universes.

I have followed all the configurations for Server Side Trust on SAP and BOE systems(as perBusinessObjects XI Integration for SAP Solutions Installation and Administration Guide), imported the roles, aliased SAP users with their Windows AD Account in CMC.

I followed the http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/HowtosetupXI3.1WebIntelligenceSSOwithSAPBW

for the configuration. I didn't get error message during any of the configuration steps.

Still getting "Database Error Occurred: UNABLE TO CONNECT SAP BW SERVER INCOMPLETE LOGON DATA" when I try to run a report based on a Universe (based on SAP BW query and which is set to "Use SSO while refreshing report at view time" in the connection parameters)

I am able to log into Infoview with SAP authentication and run that report without any issue.

BOE server: Windows 2008 64 bit

BOE XI 3.1 SP2 Hot fix 2.1

SAP Integration Kit

Enabled SAP Authentication

Configured SAP and BOE Server Side Trust

Imported roles and aliased Users

Is there any troubleshooting methods to identify the issue behind? I have checked some entries on this in the forum, please let me know if somebody has a solution.

Thanks,

G Bala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any updates for this post.  We are also getting this error.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is a really old post (~1.5 years)

it's a faily generic authentication plugin error, and the root cause could be found in any number of places.

I would recommend that you search with your keywords / error text in the knowledge base articles here: www.service.sap.com/xsearch

or contact Primary Support to assist your troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you all ever find a resolution to this? I see the mention of Windows 2008 and 64bit. Even still, BO is a 32bit application.

I am having exact same issue. Thing is, if I launch Designer and log in as the user we are trying to test with (SAP user),

when we test in InfoView as an AD user aliased to that SAP account it works fine.

The minute we log out of Designer, it still fails with the same problem reported here.

Please update the thread or let us know if there is a support ticket with this issue.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another issue we see often, is that the language set in InfoView does not match the SAP system. You should try to change the "Prefered Viewing Locale" to English (US) in the preferences under InfoView.

By default the infoview application uses the language set in the browser. Also in the browser it is possible to change the default language to en-us.

BR

/Ken

Prasanth2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your tips.. I will checkout the language settings. Couple of things i noticed which may be the source of these problems are

- I am not sure the client side SNC is configured correctly. i am going to review the settings with basis team

- Server side SNC was configured, but the user id for which the PSE access was given is a BOBJ only user and the user does not exist in SAP, Not sure if this is an issue

- Our environment is Linux, and the SAP Crypto file used in configuring server side trust is 64 bit. Based on some documentation BOBJ services runs in 32 bit and 64 bit may be incompatible

Again the problem we are facing is, while refreshing the webi reports in infoview (logged in as LDAP user, for which the SAP id is mapped through alias), we are getting the error 'Incomplete logon information'. also on sap side (txn ST22) it is causing a dump

Error:

' CALL_FUNCTION_SIGNON_INCOMPL'

The logon data for the user " " is incomplete.

Client.............. 000

User................ "SAPSYS"

Language Key........ "E"

Transaction......... " "

Transactions ID..... "4BE20BB088A64289E10000000A002A4A"

Program............. "SAPMSSY1"

Screen.............. "SAPMSSY1 3004"

Screen Line......... 2

Information on caller of Remote Function Call (RFC):

System.............. "########"

Database Release.... 640

Kernel Release...... 640

Connection Type..... "E" (2=R/2, 3=ABAP System, E=Ext., R=Reg. Ext.)

Call Type........... "synchron and non-transactional (emode 0, imode 0)"

Inbound TID.........." "

Inbound Queue Name..." "

Outbound TID........." "

Outbound Queue Name.." "

Client.............. "###"

User................ "############"

Transaction......... " "

Call Program........."WIReportServer"

Function Module..... "RFCPING"

Call Destination.... "<unknown>"

Regards

Prasanth

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

couple of questions:

- I am not sure the client side SNC is configured correctly. i am going to review the settings with basis team

>> When you refer to client side SNC - is this a web client or is this a THICK client application ? What is the initial user authentication for the user ?

- Server side SNC was configured, but the user id for which the PSE access was given is a BOBJ only user and the user does not exist in SAP, Not sure if this is an issue

>> should not be an issue

- Our environment is Linux, and the SAP Crypto file used in configuring server side trust is 64 bit. Based on some documentation BOBJ services runs in 32 bit and 64 bit may be incompatible

>> correct. BusinessObjects is 32bit software. should be 32bit libraries for the files on the BOE Server.

Ingo

Prasanth2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Bala,

We are facing the same problem. While using SSO as connection option in Universe, getting the same error (unable to connect to SAP BW server Incomplete logon data).

Did you find a solution for this?

Thanks

Prasanth

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

the Universe Designer does not support client side SNC, which means you need to logon with your SAP Credentials.

Ingo

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

what are all the items that you did configure on the SAP Server and BOBJ server side for SNC ?

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

I am working with SAP tech team to resolve this, hasn't got any resolution yet.

We checked that all the configuration that I did on SAP server side like,

1. Copying the sap crypto files to required locations in SAP server

2. Changing RZ10 transaction profile to point it to crypto library and giving a DN name to SAP system

3. Checking the STRUST to see the new SNC profile parameters

In the BOE,

1. Copying the sap crypto files to C:\Crypto folder in BOE, changing/adding the environment variables

2. Creating BOE.crt with sapgenpse

3. Importing BOE.crt to SAP Strust-SNC

4. Exporting SAP.crt to C:\Crypto

5. Verified that SSO link is establised so that it wouldn't prompt for PIN for the certificate.

6. Changed the SNC settings in CMC

7. Imported Roles, aliased them.

SAp suggested it could be because our BOE server is on a Windows 2008 64 bit server and the sap crypto used and available is only for Windows 2003 32 bit.

Please let me know if you have suggestions.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you using a SNC Name on the Entitlement System tab in the SAP Authentication ?

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, SNC name on the Entitlement Tab is left blank.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

so when do you see the error message then ? whats the workflow ?

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have set up the SNC Settings in CMC/Authentication/SAP tab with SNC Library path and Mutual Authentication and Trust settings. But the SNC name in Entitlement tab is left blank.

When I log into InfoView with my AD account and try to refresh a webi report runnning off BW query (with Universe connection parameters set to SSO), I'm getting the error "Unable to log on SAP BW server, Incomplete logon data"

The same report when run with SAP user account runs fine.