Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned order scheduling

former_member240058
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have sales order requirement with delivery date 6 april 2010. As per OPU5 , i can scedule it 170 days past.

Bom is having 3 levels.

When MRP is done then for header material, planned order start date goes back to 14 days and it is ok.

but for next levels system does forward scheduling. It should do backward scheduling from start date of header planned order . routing times of next levels is not more than 14 hours.

In opu3 though 170 days maintained in start in past why system is not doing backward scheduling for sub-assembly levels.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Rachel_Tang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Please what is the settings in OPPQ and OPPR for the "Start in Past" parameter, you need to keep them consistent with the OPU5 settings.

former_member240058
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel

When i make setting start in past in OPPQ then all planned order's start date goes in past.

Please can you tell whithout this oppq setting ,why only header planned order's start date was going in past and rest of planned orders are having forward scheduling.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Check in OPPR- field "start in past" is blank, OPPQ- field "Start in past" check, OPU5 and OPU3 -Scheduling Type is backwards and field "Start in the Past" and Adjust the Date setting is same for all order typr you are using.'

Check in material master have you assigned any MRP group. If so, remove and check it.

IMG---Production >Material Requirements Planning>MRP Groups-->Define MRP Group for Each Material Type.

Check "start in past.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member240058
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar

Iam using only one order type and no MRP groups.

In oppq start in past is not put ,

Please can u tell why only header planned order's start date was going in past and rest of planned orders are having forward scheduling.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

For materials that are planned according to the MRP and foreca the requirement dates in the future with Scheduling is always backward. The system automatically switches to forward scheduling only if the start date lies in the past

Now if you set backward scheduling in OPU5, system will take the requirement date as finish date of planned order and schedule backwards to get start date/opening date.

Check whether alternative "Adjust basic dates" has been chosen for the scheduling parameters.

Also do the MRP run with lead time scheduling #2 and Planning Mode #3 and check it.

Also check the check the scheduling log.?

Note that the scheduling type set is automatically farward scheduling as soon as the order start date is further in the past than the number of days defined in Customizing of OPU3 and OPU5

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member240058
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar

I have " Adjust basic dates " setting in OPU5

When I run MRP with Lead time scheduling and Delete and recreate planning data then also start date for header planned order goes in past and rest planned orders are forward scheduled.

I can go 170 days in past.

For header it is giving 22 march as start date in planned order and for other subaasemblies operation hours are not more than 10 hours.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

What is your planning strategy? What you define in schedule margin key? What is your lead time for all material please check and insure that it is not beyond todays date. If it is like that it is very strange behavior. Please contact to SAP /OSS then.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Need your help.

I want to the steps for Planned order scheduling after MRP.

As per demand MRP will run and shows the planned order.

But I want to schedule this all order becuase I have capacity constraints.

Can my problem will be solved by using Capacity levelling.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjay,

You will usually get more answers when you create a new forum thread, rather than adding onto an existing answered thread. Some forum members do not even review existing answered threads.

MRP can be set to schedule the orders and to create capacity requirements. MD01 (or similar) set the 'Scheduling' parameter to '2 Lead time scheduling and capacity planning'. Using this setting implies that all of your scheduling and capacity configuration is already done, and your scheduling and capacity master data is in place.

MRP, however, will not do capacity leveling. For this, as you have surmised, you must perform capacity leveling. It will take the capacity requirements generated during the MRP run and re-schedule your orders such that they do not exceed any defined capacities.

If you still need more details, you should raise a new thread.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ,

What is the scheduling type you have mention in OPU5 ?

Please remener that , if you do not keep the OPPQ -Start date in the past , system does not automatically switch to forward scheduling if the order start date lies in the past for determining the basic dates.If you select this indicator, backward scheduling is always used to determine the basic dates, even if the start date lies in the past.

Check the set up in following places for verfication

1.OPPQ-Start date in the past

2.OPPR-MRP Group level -What is the days

3.What you have mention in OPU3-Order type -scheduling parameters

4.OPU5

Please revert after checking

Regards

JH