cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Error on BindCol" . (WIS 10901)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I created a stored procedure universe based on an OLEDB connection for a SQL Server 2005 database. Pulled in a stored procedure and then tried to create a report in WEBI. I am getting the following error A database error occured. The database error text is: (CS) "Error on BindCol" . (WIS 10901) for all inputs. I have tested running the stored procedure and get data back when run on the database. I also had a trace ran on it and it doesn't look like an error is occurring on the database from what came back in that.

Anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks.

Rhonda Callens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just change your database connection from OLEDB to ODBC and you should be all set.

Good Luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm also got the same error while connecting to SQL server.... I resolved it by removing the unnecessary codes like print statements.... now i can able access my SQL strored procedure....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did do some testing with new universes and the stored procedure but nothing seemed to work.

I logged a note with SAP and my issue was resolved by putting the line -- <Parameter Name="Force Execute">Always</Parameter> in the OLEDB.SBO file under the settings for the version of SQL Server that we are using. This also needed to be done on other computers that would use the universe in rich client as well as the Business Objects Enterprise server.

Path to the file to change in the version that we are using is Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\oledb.

I was told that this line needs to be added when trying to bring in stored procedures that use temp tables. The same line can be added to the ODBC.sbo file if using ODBC connections.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rhonda,

Have you ever resolved this?

I have the exact same error message in my Webi

Thanks

Sabine

Former Member
0 Kudos

are the credentials being passed on the OLEDB connection to the SQL Server 2005 database been granted permissions to execute the SP? Can you use those credentials in logging directly into the database and run/test (similiar to the test you ran on the database)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The id saved in the OLEDB connection has been granted permission. A test was just run logging in with the specific id/password and executing the stored procedure and the expected rows were returned. I did run a test on the connection to confirm that the id/password are set up correctly and another stored procedure from the same universe that has this stored procedure is running and returning data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rhonda,

Okay, so the userid is not an issue. I did a search on the SAP Support Portal, searching on the keywords "Error on BindCol" and up came notice #1451009 (1451009 - A Database error occurred. The database error text is: (CS) "Error on BindCol" . (WIS 10901)). I'm not sure if your problem meets the documented note exactly or not, but it might be worth checking it out. Aside from the Tech Note, reading into the verbiage "error on Bindcol", this sounds suspiciously along the lines of the SP is pumping out a certain data type (perhaps a character string) and the receiving program (BOE) is expecting an integer, thus BOE is unable to bind -- has any modifications been done to the SP between the time you introduced it to BOE and now that you're trying to execute it? How much trouble would it be to drop the SP from the universe and start over again? Just wondering.

thanks,

John