cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to select text in cell with mouse?

corinne_lofts
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am not sure where to log this one, let me know if you think there is a better place for this question.

A user is unable to highlight the text in the cells/input box using her mouse. She could do that last week so something has changed, certainly on her PC. I don't think the problem is purely SAP related as if I use my SAP account when logged on to her PC, with her AD credentials I get the same problem. When logged on with my AD credentials I don't get the issue.

Selecting the text using the keyboard by selecting shift+arrows (left or right) works; the text remains hilghlighted. When using the mouse we left click on the left of the text in the cell and hold to highlight the entire text, for example, and let go when reaching the end of the word; at that point the text doesn't remain highlighted.

I have checked OSS Notes, Microsoft (XP) forums and user setting on the PC (Accessibility options) and so far have not found anything describing the same problem. I woudl apreciate if anyone coudl suggest anything?

More info: SAP GUI 7.10 Level 14, ERP 6.0 (Support Stack 18), transaction used for testing ME2N but the issue occurs in all cells. OS = XP Pro, Office 2003 SP3 installed (FilterKeys off and "Typing Replaces Selection" ok in Word/Outlook, start up program only Oulook and SAP GUI)

Thank you

Coco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

I am guessing a solution for your issue is given below.

Presess Alt + F12 in the sapgui screen, then select "Quick cut and Paste" option.

This enables highlighting the text and it automatically copies the text(you dont need to use CTL+c to copy).

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was having the same issue.  Thanks Vijay.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess the option "Quick cut and Paste" in SAP GUI was enabled and that the reason when you select any text with mouse it does not highligjted but gets copied automatically. If you dont want this then you can uncheck the tick mark.

Regards,

Sharath

corinne_lofts
Participant
0 Kudos

VJ, Sharath,

Thank you both!

Coco

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am unable to highligt the text and I do not have quick cut and paste activated.  Gui 7.30

Akashcm10
Explorer
0 Kudos

you can uset the shortcut ctrl+y to select the text