cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alpha Conversion Error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am loading data to master data in which 0Ship_to is an attribute when I tried to load the data I am getting an error saying that 0ship_to Contatins non-alpha complaint value '2275080'.

Diagnosis

The system checked whether the loaded InfoObject value conforms to the conversion exit.The check failed.

For example:

The value '1' was loaded into an InfoObject with alpha exit, even though the value '0000000001' was expected.

System Response

The load process has failed or the erroneous records are displayed in the monitor. This does not depend on how error handling is set up.

Procedure

Find out why the data does not conform to the conversion exit, and, if possible, correct the cause. Possible causes are errors in BI Content or an error in a customer exit in the source system.

If you cannot correct the problem, you have the option of removing the conversion exit on the InfoObject. However, since the system has already been converted, duplicates appear in the system again.

Can any one help me to resolve this.

I cannot take out ALPHA conversion exit from the info object as this IO has been used in many places.

Thanks,

Vasu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Manually edit it to the correct format required by the system and upload for one-time

2. Check in R/3 system the reason for distortion.

3. In the datasources, If ALPHA conversion is used, the field should be marked external for loads. Confirm this before uploading again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I maintain the check mark for that info object in the transfer rules hope I may not get this error right?

Please confirm.

also please explain what is the purpose of maintaing the check mark in the transfer rules?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Converson exits are used only when data coming from the source system are in external format.

Ensure you make the setting as external format and used ALPHA conversion.( setting in the datasource in BI side)

No need for conversion exits if the data comes in internal format ( the format as require for BI)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please this with some examples?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your input field is 1, alpha conversion will change it to 000000001 if your infoobject length is 9

If your input field is itself 000000001,no need for ALPHA or any other coversion exits.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

But when we give ALPHA conversion in IO its throwing an error and when I make check mark in the transfer rules I am not getting any error what is this?

please explain?

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

See the following program, and the same logic you can apply in Transfer Rules/Transformations. Take ABAPer help. Change the Code as per your requiremets, first copy and past this code in SE38 and see the result.

REPORT  ZALPHA_INPUT.

DATA: ZI(18) TYPE C,
      ZO(12) TYPE C.

DATA: ZS(12) TYPE C,
      ZR(18) TYPE C.

ZI = '000000099999889925'.
      ZS = '099999889925'.

CALL FUNCTION 'CONVERSION_EXIT_ALPHA_INPUT'
    EXPORTING
      INPUT         = ZI
   IMPORTING
     OUTPUT        = ZO.

CALL FUNCTION 'CONVERSION_EXIT_ALPHA_OUTPUT'
    EXPORTING
      INPUT         = ZS
   IMPORTING
     OUTPUT        =  ZR  .

Write:/   ZI.
Write:/   ZO.

Write:/   ZS.
Write:/   ZR.

Thanks

Reddy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

I faced the same problem in my Project where in the IO had the Alpha routine Conversion checked and then also I was getting the same error.

I am not aware why Alpha Conversion is not working for IO but checking in the tranfer Rule ceratinly helps and has resolved my issue.

Regards,

Karan