cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set attribute to be mandatory in set type

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! Can I confirm whether it is possible to set certain attribute fields to be mandatory in a set type? The transaction code to create set attribute and assign to the set type is COMM_ATTRSET.

Thanks!

SF

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member562530
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SF,

In the standard system, you cannot configure an attribute to be mandatory in a set .

However, you can try using transaction SFAC in order to set an attribute as mandatory; I am not sure if this procedure will work for you, but is it good to take a look. Into this transaction, you cam define which fields are displayed/hidden/mandatory.

Keep on mind that every time a set is create in transaction COMM_ATTRSET, a corresponding module pool SAPLZOM_<set type name> is created with Screen group 0100.

I hope it helps.

Kind Regards,

Gabriel Santana

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for the info. For each set type, there is a program called SAPLZOM_<set type> and SAPLZOM_<set type>_UI. Which one should I use? Also, I tried the one with UI but could not see any fields in SFAC. Any idea?

Regards

SF

former_member562530
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SF,

Please check the following SAP Note:

Note 527235 - Customizing of Additional Fields

This note explain how to use the transaction SFAC in order to influence attributes from marketing planner.

I hope it helps.

Kind Regards,

Gabriel Santana

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SF,

It is not possible to make the field a mandatory field using the transaction COMM_ATTRSET, You can make the field as mandatory in the configuration of settype but you will have to write additional code and raise message.

Ensure that note 1243653 is implemented aswell.

Regards

Satyesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can also set the fields mandatory directly on Web UI through the component configuration if you are using SAP CRM 2006s version or higher rather than making mandatory on GUI.

Just a thought.

regards,

Chandrakant

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI SF,

You need to take help of transaction variant (SHD0) to achieve this. It is not possible to mandate a field attribute in a set type.

Regards,

Raghu