cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display variant for VL10* transactions

michele_williams
Participant
0 Kudos

We are trying to roll out use of the VL10 transactions and discontinue VL04. So far I have been unable to determine how to default a particular display variant or allow its selection on the select options screen, so that users will not have to select it each time the transaction is executed. I do not see a way to do so, short of changing the SAP default variant.

Anyone have ideas on how to do this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michele,

When you are in selection screen of VL10, in the menu bar click on GoTo> Variants> Save as Variant. Here you can maintain your variant selections.

Regards,

Antima

michele_williams
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer, Antima, but I'm not talking about a selection variant. I mean a display variant. So after you execute the report, select Settings > Layout > Choose. I want to use one of these variants as the default without having to change it each time after execution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michele,

Sorry for not understanding your exact requirement.

Even for the Layout selection, click on Setting> Layout> Choose. Also you have the icon above the report screen, the last icon is for delete and the 3 icons before that delete icon are for choosing and saving the layout.

Regards,

Antima

michele_williams
Participant
0 Kudos

Antima,

Again, thank you for your response. However I am trying to understand how to select this layout BEFORE executing the transaction. In most other ALV reporting transactions, there is a field on the initial selection screen which allows for selection and SAVING of the display variant such that it automatically displays for the user without having to change the display settings each and every time the transaction is executed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michele,

Not every report has that option. So you can just maintain the Layout and select by clicking on the icon for choosing the layout, its as good as selection on selection screen.

Regards,

Antima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once you execute the VL10, please go to Menu Settings > Layout > Manage. Then in the results screen , select the variant which you want to make as default and click under the default column. Then this particualr layout will become default.

To able to do this you should have your user parameters set for layout maintenence. Please go to SU01 to your user name , under Parameters Tab, in the Parameter ID column Add SD_VARIANT_MAINTAIN and parameter value as A. This will give you rights to maintain layouts.

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Michele is trying to select the layout for the executed report from the selection screen. I dont think it is possible from the selection screen, do let us know if you know any ways to do it.

Regards,

Antima

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michele_williams
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much, Sai. While it would be nice for each user to be able to select his own variant on the selection screen, setting the default through variant maintenance suits my purpose nicely.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am glad it addressed your requirement. How ever if you want to create a user specific variants, then for the Parameter ID

SD_VARIANT_MAINTAIN , for the Parameter Value you can use "U".

Regards

Sai