SAP CLM doubts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

I have some doubts about CLM.

Is CLM a E-sourcing or SRM component?

Can I implement only CLM?

Can I integrate CLM with ECC and how?

How is the process when integrate CLM with ECC?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is CLM a E-sourcing or SRM component?

Both CLM and E-Sourcing are SRM component or can say have functionality similar to SRM

Can I implement only CLM?

Yes

Yes, CLM can be integrated with ECC... Check configuration guide to setup integration between two

How is the process when integrate CLM with ECC?

Contract are created in CLM and they are pushed to ECC

~Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush

Thanks for your reply.

Is there some country version for CLM, localization?

Thanks

Nilson

Former Member
0 Kudos

No localization....

CLM 2.0 is the current version for CLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even for Installing CLM only do wenned to Install Esourcing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do acronyms ECC and SRM represent?

0 Kudos

ECC = ERP Central Component

SRM = Supplier Relation Management

CLM = Contract Life-cycle Management

E-Sourcing and CLM are the same product. E-Sourcing is all inclusive product, where as CLM is a subset of E-Sourcing, which does not include RFX and Auction moduels.

Thanks,

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush Mittal,

Yes, CLM can be integrated with ECC...

In this case SRM doesnt come into picture right??  for Contracts we use CLM integrated with ECC and for other business scenarios we integrate SRM with ECC...

So CLM and SRM were not integrated for any reason???   Please clarify my doubt..

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

From version 9 of the CLM/Sourcing application you can integrate with both the ECC and the SRM systems..

CLM/Sourcing to ECC - use to create "Purchase orders, Outline agreements, scheduling agreemnts"

CLM/Sourcing to SRM - use to create "Central Contacts" and this can then be distributed to the ECC systems connected to SRM (if ECC is connected to SRM).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkateshwara,

CLM/Sourcing to ECC - use to create "Purchase orders, Outline agreements, scheduling agreemnts"

CLM/Sourcing to SRM - use to create "Central Contacts" and this can then be distributed to the ECC systems connected to SRM (if ECC is connected to SRM).

On the above points can you elaborate a little ...

1. CLM/Sourcing to ECC --

Where the Purchase Order, Outline Agreements and Scheduling agreements are created ? Did they got created in CLM and pushed to ECC?

After reading a few documents from market place i never observed anywhere that we create PO's, Outline Agreement and Scheduling agreements.

2. CLM/Sourcing to SRM --

Where the central contracts are created? Did they got created in CLM and pushed back to SRM (and from SRM it will be transferred to ECC?)

If we are creating a Central contract in CLM then what is the need to push them back to SRM and from there to ECC? Cant we directly push the central contract to        ECC?

3. Also on what reasons we integration CLM to both  ECC and SRM?

4. If we would like to use only Central Contracts then CLM-SRM integration is enough?

Please correct me if my understanding is wrong...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. CLM/Sourcing to ECC

•   From an Rfx Award in CLM/Sourcing, you can create a Purchase Order, Outline Agreement in ECC.
  • From a Master Agreement in CLM/Sourcing, you can create an Outline agreement, Scheduling agreement.

2. CLM/Sourcing to SRM

• From a master agreement in CLM/Sourcing you can create a Central contract in SRM, this central contract you can publish to multiple ECC systems connected to SRM

3. Depending on the customer requirements, they can choose to integrate with both ECC and SRM

4. If you want to use only the central contracts in SRM then yes you can use the CLM/SRM integration. But keep in mind the master data (vendors, materials) for these must come from the ECC system and not from SRM.     

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the valuable information..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please send me the documents related to CLM...  sanjay.sandy9@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys.

Please clarify: Can I integrate CLM 9 directly to ECC without SRM. If so, how?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can by using SAP PI, and it is pretty standard.

In the doc type (in CLM) you can define what type of document should be created and use that for PI to determine if OA/SA or qty/value contracts are created.

However, your physical document (legal contract) will not flow to SAP ECC by standard.

I hope this helps.

Bests,

Niki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathweus, Please look in the service marketplace for the configuration guide to Integrate with ERP. There are also several other blogs and webcasts in the SCN on how to integrate with ERP.

Regards

Prasad

former_member228466
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please send me if you had  The Implementation Guide for CLM in SAP R/3?

Waiting for your earliest reply

Thanks & Regards,

Soni.

yogendra.soni13@gmail.com