cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message: Not enough memory for operation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm having problem when try to connect to Oracle DB, check my details as below :

Connector : Microsoft ODBC for Oracle

Database Expert : Using Stored Procedure to populate data to excel.

Server Used: DBCCSWST125.reportjobserver

Error Message: Not enough memory for operation

Problem occurred when I tried to use stored procedure in my rpt file.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

What version of Crystal are you using and what version of Oracle Client/Server?

Don't use Microsoft's Oracle driver, it only supports Oracle 7. Use our DataDirect ODBC drivers or use Oracles ODBC driver.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Don,

I'm Using Crystal Report 8 and oracle version 10.2.

Can I know where to download DataDirect ODBC driver.I Have tried Oracle ODBC, but same error occurred when try to schedule it in business object.

-titanium0203

0 Kudos

Hello,

I doubt the DD ODBC drivers will work in CR 8, you do mean Crystal Reports 8 and not CR 2008 correct?

And 10.2 would never have been tested in CR 8 so not sure if any patches would fix the issue. Maybe if you use an older Oracle Client that can connect with 10.2 server it may fix the problem.

Only other thing I can suggest is upgrade Crystal Reports to CR 2008 then it should all work.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Don,

From my understanding, CR 2008 and crystal report 8 is the same, right ? Could you please provide me a link for CR 2008 and

Crystal report 8?

I'm able to run stored procedure from microsoft odbc but not from CR ODBC or OLD DB. I'm not sure why it happend.

Is there any log file name that I can check?

Regards,

Titanium0203

0 Kudos

Click on the Help... About.... and tell me what version.

What do you want a link for?

And no there is a CR 8 built around 1999 and CR 2008 is last year.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

From Java Administration Launch Pad > About

Product: 11.5

From My Local PC , Crystal Report 2008 Apps > About

Version 12.0.0.549

Thanks

titanium0203

0 Kudos

You are using multiple versions and it's still not clear what is happening but the CR 2008 reports should not be published to BusinessObjects Enterprise XI R2. CR 2008 has functionality that XI R3 does not support.

Create reports in CR XI R2 for BOE R2.

Also, your version of Enterprise has not been patched. You should have a Support contract which will allow you to get into our Gated site and update BOE. Then it may work but check with your administrators first before patching BOE.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Thanks

Answers (0)