Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP WEB DISPATCHER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have configured SAP WEB Dispatcher.

I forget the password of ICMADM user and so I am unable to login to chk the SAP Web Dispatcher starus.

Can any one guide to my problem.

With Regards,

Venkat Prashanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_mulvey
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

You can run sapwebdisp.exe -bootstrap and create a new profile. Please note the user and password as displayed after the profile generation has run as this is the only time that the user and password is shown for the webdisp.

After you have created the new profile you will have a file called icmauth.txt with the user and password in hashed format.

Copy this newly created file to your old webdisp folder and you can access the admin interface and logon with the password shown from Bootstrap.

Michael

ammar_mghazal
0 Kudos

HI Thanks for the solution

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Prashanth,

Using "icmon -a pf=<profileFilename>" command at the command line does help in change the default password.

Please check the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/82/9e98d786f040209e6a9e8145153939/frameset.htm

This describes how to change the password via the command line.

You can use the following command on OS-level to attach to the web dispatcher and administer the icmauth file :

icmon -a pf=<profile.pfl>

The problem is that the password can only be changed if you know the previous password..

Nevertheless you can delete the user with the icmon and create a new user with the same name put it into the admin group and enter a new password.

See also:

http://help.sap.

com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/0b/6aedff404d6b4a8cac8f1359e1b47c/content.htm

Best Regards

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I think you can stop the dispatcher and restart it again with sapwebdispatcher -bootstrap. it will generate a new random password.

but I also have a question to ask Niraj, why can't I use this password to logon to ICM within sapmmc? I must follow the steps in your above URL to make it possible to logon to ICM within SAPMMC. is it because one is used to monitor ICM threads and the other is used to monitor Web Dispatcher threads although they have the same userid "icmadm"? please kindly advise.

Thank you and best regards,

Nick