cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to open Crystal Report Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

After updating Crystal Reports to SP2, ReportApplicationServer has failed to start.

After that I am getting the following messages in the event log:

Event Source: BusinessObjects_crystalras

Event Category: Startup

Event ID: 33000

Description:

Failed to open Crystal Report Engine.

Event Source: Server Intelligence Agent

Event ID: 4096

Description:

Server Intelligence Agent: server SAPBODEV.ReportApplicationServer is considered failed because it has stopped 5 time(s) within 60 minute(s). Please restart this server.

Another services of BO and Tomcat works fine.

I`m using BO XI R2 SP2 FP2.4, CR SP2, BO Integration Kit SP2 FP2.4 on

Windows server 2003 x64

Please help me to solve this problem,

thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

joshua_kuhn
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

It sounds like your install might not have gone through 100% correctly or you're missing something. The error is most likely referring to one of two files (crpe32.dll or procreport.dll). Both should be in the win32_x86 folder and should have been upgraded to SP2 status. Make sure you upgraded both XIR2 and CR to SP2. They both share these files and both should have been upgraded to the same revision.

I've seen the error when RAS and/or the PageServer try to load the wrong version of the files above. Its possible to have multiple copies and if it tries to load the wrong one from the wrong place, it will fail. You might want to try viewing a CR document using the DHTML viewer to see if the PageServer is also working. Many times when RAS has this issue, the PageServer does too. The difference is RAS loads all these files on startup whereas the PageServer spawns a child process which tries to load the same files. Since the parent process starts for the PageServer, you won't see the same error in the event viewer logs.

I'd recommend running Process Explorer or FileMon and capture which files the RAS server is loading on startup. See if any are getting pulled from the wrong directories or if its simply not finding everything its looking for. Visit http://www.sysinternals.com for either of these tools.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joshua,

Thank you so much!

You was right! Our administrator did not install FixPack for Crystal Reports.

After installation everything work fine!

jorge_velasquez
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi  Joshua,

Any clue?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, it did not help...

Any suggestions?!

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can try once by killing all RAS PID's and restarting whole server. A lot of times it happens i don't know why.

Open a support ticket if it does not solve your problem, because support also did not solve this issue couple of times in my case.

Thanks,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anil,

Many thanks for your responce.

I will try it now!