cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Location Determination in Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a requirement where during the delivery creation process the system should be able to determine storage location(s) for the item and create separate line items on the delivery (based upon multiple storage locations) if the entire sales order line item quantity is not available in a single storage location.

We have multiple storage locations per plant and the same material is stored in several 'overflow' storage locations besides the main storage location. The system currently works as it should but the problem arises when the SO line item qty is greater than the qty in the main SLOC and the delivery needs to be picked from 2 or more SLOCs to fulfill the SO line item.

Has anyone run into this situation and if so how was this handled and resolved?

Your thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!

SJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shekhar,

I believe the required behaviour cannot be 'configured' in standard and you may have to consider using modification e.g. user exit. It is possible to set a default storage location for a combination of Shipping Point/Plant/Shipping condition. It is also possible to check the availability of this storage location. However, it is not possible to automatically suggest an alternative storage location if there is insufficient qty available at the default storage location.

If you choose this option; When the delivery is created, if there is no available qty available at the default storage location, the system will leave the delivery qty empty and return an error message in the error log. You can then manually change the storage location, and the new storage location will then be checked for availability. You might also want to have a look at

Form USEREXIT_LGORT_DETERMINATION in MV50AFZZ. Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter!

Where can you default Storage Loc using Shipping Point/Plant/Shipping condition? i found only storage condition option. Storage condition would save my process.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I wanted to see if there were any tricks to achieving this without having to go the custom route. I already have a spec written up with logic on how I would want the system to react when it does not find the entire qty in the default SLoc. It is now up to the client to decide whether they want to spend the time and money to go ahead with this development.

Thanks,

SJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Beata,

You can check in T.code OVL3 for this combination (i.e. Shipping Point/Plant/Shipping condition) and basically it follow storage location determination rule i.e. MALA assigned in IMG.

Shekhar,

I don't think there is any other trick apart from custom development option.

Regards

Anand Misra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand.

Hi Beata, yes the transaction mentioned was OVL3. You can also find from the following path:

IMG -> Logistic Execution -> Shipping -> Picking -> Determine Picking Location

Hi Shekhar, I'm sorry but I don't think that is available in the standard functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (0)