cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot launch Java Report Panel

first_last
Participant
0 Kudos

I would like to use the 'Advanced' Web Intelligence editor.

Unfortunately, when I attempt to edit a WI report, I get a message that reads 'This software has already been installed on your computer. Would you like to reinstall it?'

If I allow the installation, Java 6, Update 3 is downloaded and installed. I restart the browser. Attempting to edit the WI report generates the installation message.

If I don't allow the installation, I get an error that reads 'Cannot launch Java Report Panel, please make sure you have installed a Java virtual machine.'.

It never gets out of this installation loop.

At one point, the Advance editor worked, then something changed.

The Java Control Panel indicates that I have JRE versions 1.6.0_03 and 1.6.0._20 installed (in the Java Applet Runtime Settings). In addition, versions 1.4.2_04, 1.4.2_07, 1.4.2_12, and 1.6.0_03 are listed in the JNLP Runtime settings.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Craig Buchanan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This seems to be an "old" tread, but this problem just popped up yesterday.

BusinessObjects XI 3.6 (3.1 SP6)

User can work with it on the intranet, but worked over VPN yesterday, and ... got that message.

Same machine, same servers ... the only difference is that the "physical wire to the intranet" is replaced by the VPN tunnel.

Java on the machine is 1.6_33 , but Java runtime / Java VM should be locally installed.

So ... why is there a difference when usin vpn ?

(The "network team" repeats that this is "transparent" for applications: VPN is "as good as" intranet. As it should be, of course.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem and I don't see an answer here. I have uninstalled every instance of java and restarted my computer, then installed the one suggested here: Cannot launch Java Report Panel, please make sure you have installed a Java virtual machine. (the Java Virtual Machine was a link). Restarted again, tried again, same error. On the sun page, I tested my java installation and it works fine. I have checked that java is enabled in both IE and Firefox and I still get this error in either browser. I am using Windows XP.

Upon comparing my computer with my coworker's java configurations, we found that she has a certificate called "Business Objects America" and I don't have that. Could that be the problem, and if so, where can I get that certificate? There was no active X question as I would have expected to see asking to run active X or not. I can't find any certificate downloads on your site at all.

Please advise ASAP because I need to use this Web Intelligence Reporting and I cannot get in.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I realise this thread is quite old but I came across it this morning trying to solve the ''Cannot launch Java Report Panel, please make sure you have installed a Java virtual machine." error. In my case the problem was that I had 32-bit version of Java installed but the browser I was using was 64-bit IE 9. Once I'd installed 64-bit Java as well, Webi worked fine.

Thanks,

Colin

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are having the same problem, getting "Cannot launch Java Report Panel" error trying to run Business Objects Enterprise XI 3.1 SP2 on any company's imaged Windows XP laptop. The laptop's Windows and Java versions are below:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

H:\>java -version

java version "1.5.0_09"

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_09-b03)

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_09-b03, mixed mode, sharing)

Please help.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if JRE is enabled for your browser. In IE you can do this by checking Internet Options ->Advanced Panel.

If that doesn't help uninstall JRE from your machine, restart browser and re-launch Report Panel and it will do an installation of correction version JRE and launch panel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which version of BO Your Useing .

First untistall all the Java Runtime from your machine . Then install the Java Run time below Java1.6_0.17.

After installing the java runtime .Login to teh Infoeview access the Webi Reports and clik edit . it will ask you to ru activex for the java just run teh activex . after running the activex it will auto matically open the webi report in the java pannel