cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS - Page not found error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL

Can some one help me resolving the issue in ESS.

I have got IDES ECC6 /EHP3 and Portal running on the system. Some pages in Portal working perfectly fine (eg, WhoisWho/Change own data etc). But most of the other pages (eg, address, bank details etc) were giving error as "Page not found or not available".

I suspect those pages that were giving error are country specific and they need some sort of backend configuration required.

Please can any body point me to the right direction?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your help guys.

Issue resolved by maintaining resource link in backend.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Could you please let me know the path of resource link in backend systen.

Thanks

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

SPRO -> Personnel Management -> Employee Self-Service -> General Settings -> Homepage for Self-Services -> Resources -> Define resource

regards

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sridar,

the services thoese you have given are country specific, kindly check the necessary configurations to be made and also check the roles to the specfic page as per bala

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sridhar pedamallu

According to your question i think you have not entered the details properly and activated them related to that application.just check in the back end after entering all the information whether it is working fine or not in the back end .then come to portal check it if u still face problem in getting the service into portal check the properties related to that role.

Thanks & regards

Deepika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help Bala & Vijay. I will check these and let you know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls check the Config in the content administartion in the Portal and also the homepage frame word see the pcd's are correctly mapped to the resources .

it shouldn't be any country specific since portal automatically determines it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the help.

To trouble shoot i assigned J2EE_ADMIN to one of the employees 105 infotype record. When logged in as J2EE_ADMIN the problem still persists, but i can see the preview of the page and can save address details in infotype 6.

I am just posting both preview page URL and Actual URL in this post. Please can you advise what is wrong?

Sorry to ask such a question as it may look like silly for experts but i am just trying to learn.

thanks

Sridhar

Preview Link:

/pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.sap.pct!2fevery_user!2fcom.sap.pct.erp.ess.bp_folder!2fcom.sap.pct.erp.ess.pages!2fcom.sap.pct.erp.ess.personal_information!2fcom.sap.pct.erp.ess.gb!2fcom.sap.pct.erp.ess.addr!2fcom.sap.pct.erp.ess.addr?sap-config-mode=true

Actual LInk:

/pcd!3aportal_content!2fevery_user!2fgeneral!2fdefaultDesktop!2fframeworkPages!2fframeworkpage!2fcom.sap.portal.innerpage?WebDynproNamespace=sap.com/essukaddr&WebDynproApplication=Per_Address_UK_13&DynamicParameter=sap.xss.menuhdr%3DSAPDEFAULT%26sap.xss.menusrv%3DEMPLOYEE_PERSINFO_ADDRESS05%26sap.xss.menuargrp%3DSAPDEFAULTESS_ERP2005%26sap-epcm-guid%3D32EE25CDE90D6FBF28573779085B645A19FC9876CEB3D9E118CFB070CB98F203%26sap.xss.menuarea%3DEMPLOYEE_PERSINFO_ERP2005&HistoryMode=0&TarTitle=Addresses&windowId=WID1274721341656

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sridhar,

Are you accessing portal using FQDN.

check the end user permissions on the pcd objects.

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri