cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPOME

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on T. Code PPOME. My requirement is that I need to add additional Object types in Find by area (left hand side of PPOME) so that I can use search functionality for other object types.

What changes I need to do in config so that additional object types are visible in Find by area so that Search functionality can be used for other object types.

Please Help.

Regards,

Ghanapriya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ghanapriya,

You need to create a Search node only if you create a new object type (e.g. ZP).

For org unit, you don't need to create one (unless you wanna change search details)

Otherwise, you can use existing search nodes for standard object types.

What you can do is, you can add a search node to an existing scenario in order to make it visible in the object manager part (left-hand side of the screen).

To create a new search node :

Goto SPRO Personnel management - Organizational Management - Hierarchy Framework - Object manager - define your own search node -

> Define search node : Add new entries here.

To add a search node to a scenario (e.g. to make a new search node visible on the left-hand side of PPOME)

Goto SPRO Personnel management - Organizational Management - Hierarchy Framework - Object manager - define your own search node -

> Scenario Definition (Object manager) : Select the scenario (for PPOME it is OME000), double click the "Search nodes" and create new entries to add the search node here. Then double click the "Search tool", copy the lines of a similar search node and change search node field to the new one.

Best regards,

Dilek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I faced similar problems as Ghanapriya and finally got everything to work.

I created my own scenario, search tool, column groups and own columns, because the search is very specific.

Now a search node appears on the left-hand side of the sceen and everything works just fine.

Here is my problem:

I don't want every user to be able to see this search node, because this could be confusing for them. I've been searching the whole day for a possibility to hide the search node from a group of users, but I was not able to find a solution.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me with this problem!

Thank you in advance,

Daniel