cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

show information of one-time customer in Cover letter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Here is my situation, I used one-time customer to create oders, when a widow that require the detail of the customer poped up, I entered some information(city,street, etc) of the customer.

When I generate automatic report shipping, in the cover letter, I found the infor I entered during creating orders did not shown, instead, the infor showed in the cover still use infor that stored in customer master table KNA1.

I checked the cover sheet template in CG4B and found the part where show address infor of the customer is defined by report symbols, and the function module that controll the logic of the report symbol is getting record from table KNA1, I want to change the logic of the FM, but do not know how I could get the document number of the order that I created.

Could you please help me with this?

How could I make the infor of the customer that I entered when creating order be shown in the cover letter?

Many thanks for all your help!

Anna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anna,

You can get the document info record no from table CVDDH. You have intial order id in shipping order which is the shipping id in CVDDH and you can the FM accordingly.

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

Thanks for your hint.

But how could I Dubug the Fm before cover letter is printed out?

I use CVD1 to accept the report shipping orders and choose sent immediaty, I tried to set breake point in the FM ,but not work.

Thanks again!

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anna

to my knowlegde it is not possilbe to use "one time customers" in EH&S in the context of the report shipment process. As an alternative you can create the "one time customer" as a report reciepient in EH&S and dsitribute the reoprt manually.

You can use to my knowledge only these adddress types:

· Customer (business partner, customer, company)

· Office user of the SAP system

· Report recipient

To my knowlege the main reason is that the subsequent shipment is done with the "unnique id" of a business partner; and it is assumed that this business partner does have always the same adress. To my knowldge the whole report shipment process uses this unique ID and the "unique" adress

The "one time customer" does not have a "unique adress". It has only a unique business partner ID.

In the area of DG managment you can use "one time material" regarding DG classification etc.

With best regards

C.B.

PS: may be you can do something by doing a review of the function module as mentioned; may be you can try to configure the system in such a way that the report will be distributed the first time but my assumption is that you will not manage the subsequent process.

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Jun 10, 2010 9:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried using EXIT_SAPLC1CA_001 and update the customer number, the problem is since it is a temporary address the address is stored in ADRC using a generated ADRNR and the report shipping process still retrieves the customer address from KNA1.

Also as per program RCVDDISP, it retrieves 2 standard default exit FM CVE9_RDO_DOKX_EXPORDS and CVE8_RDO_SUBSEQUENCE_DIST. I'm confused which of the two passes the data to the Cover Sheet.

And after executing RCVDDISP, are the reports already generated at this point? or program RCVDEVEN generates the reports?

Since this is standard retrieval of data in KNA1, I am looking for a spot for enhancement. Can anyone help me on this. Thank you very much!

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jorenz

please start new thread. You have not the 100% correct understanding of the "overall process" and therefore you stuck. Honestly: I do not know many customers who try to use "one time customers" in SDS dispatch (and if they try it is 99% customer specific code / approach)

C.B.

Answers (0)