cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Background jobs to another systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can we copy SAP Background jobs from one system to another system.

I do not want to create it again from SM36, instead if we can export to a text file and make some changes and import to another system.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

created an ABAP program to export and import jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same answer from me

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well you can achieve this only by third party tools like Redwood or any other third party tool.

Where you can export the job definition then change it and import to the next system.

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not very sure but I believe there is a table named as TBTCO which has all the information of a job.

If we can export it and upload the edited version at target this should be possible.

Further I believe all the jobs of the source are moved to target at time of refresh, so this indicates that it is possible.

Also if we use any third party tool like tivoli workload scheduler , its not of much help as the the information that tivoli has is ONLY the R/3 name and the job Id (Unique number created by Tivoli), and it is with this job id that the job is actually mapped between r/3 and the tool. Now I don't think there is any way you can keep this number in sync between various environment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check below mentioned tables

BTCCTL,

BTCDELAY

BTCEVTJOB

BTCH1000

BTCH1010

TBTCO

TBTCP

These have all the information you need regarding background jobs, you may export these tables at the source and import them at target by using datapump utility.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhinav,

We ended up writing ABAP program to export and import jobs.

In between what do you mean by "datapump".

Thanks,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Venkat,

Thats great you managed that, as I figured out that in addition to those tables, what we also need to ensure is that all reports have been moved to the target system by transports.

As far as datapump is concerned, its a feature of Oracle 10g which is used for bulk data transfer in parallel.

Thanks

Regards

Abhinav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls refer to SAP Note 31503 - FAQ: Background jobs

-

6. Q: Can job definitions be transported into other clients or systems?

A: No. Job definitions contain system specific parameters (target host, user, program, operation mode, ...). Therefore it wouldn't make sense to develop a transport tool. .

For similar reasons, copying a job across clients is not foreseen. The following trick, however, is possible: Login to the target client (the one, where the job is to be copied to). The user must have job administrator authorizations. Then using transaction SM37 all jobs in all clients can be displayed. With the "Job > Copy" option a job can now be copied from the source client (only steps, no start time).

-

cheers !

PRADi

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

This is will manual task will need to be done on every system.

Thanks

Anil

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I remember, I think this is possible (if am not wrong). There is one table which keeps the background jobs information. I would update you at the earliest.

Regards,

Faisal