cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Goods to Vendor (Vendor return)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Kindly explain me the step by step procedure of returning goods to the vendor, there could be many scenarios like mentioned below ---

1) GR Still NOT done

2) GR is done but lying in quality stock/storage because of poor quality

3) Material has been issued to production for consumption, there it was found that NOT in usable condition

4) GR as well as IV is already done,now i want to return material back to vendor

5) GR,IV as well as payment is done,now i would like to return the goods back to vendor

Kindly guide me how to return the material back to the supplier in all the above scenarios and also kindly explain me why do we need to return the material some times through delivery process?

For all the above scenarios,guide me how to return through MM cycle.

Thanks & Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member794556
Discoverer
0 Kudos

how to check the Good return at Supplier account only damage stock so we can know the item movement in the market cause and also can deduct from the Supplier Account .
1. good stock and damage stock we will put in location A and B
2. some damage stock if still can sell in cheap price then can use invoice to invoicing it ?
any solution ?
my target can check vendor products can tracking return in the report .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) GR Still NOT done

IF you found the goods to be return Book the material to 103 blocked stock. then return to vendor through 104 movement type.

If you Booked the material through 103 blocked stock. then After QM released ,then return to vendor through 104 movement type.

or If booked the goods through 101 Q movment type. the send the material to vendor by 102 mov type.

3) Material has been issued to production for consumption, there it was found that NOT in usable condition

You have to first revese the movement 202 goods issue reverse. then if you identify the PO number the based on the PO document Return through MBRL transtion.

4) GR as well as IV is already done,now i want to return material back to vendor

FIrst you have to cancel the accounting doc. by MR8M trasaction. the do the reverse entry for if you know the PO number . take the material document numbger then do the reverse MBST.

5) GR,IV as well as payment is done,now i would like to return the goods back to vendor

This you have to take seperate business process.

take confimation with vendor like if he accept then get the Debit memo.

Do subsequent credit in MIRO. then reject the material send through vendor return woth out ref. any doc.

SAM

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) GR Still NOT done

--> Vendor Return not possible

--> In this case, GR is done, LIV is not done. Stock is under Un-restircted or Blocked category. Here follow the below steps;

a) MIGO - Here select Return Delivery -> Material Document (GRDocument) and change the qty to be returned to vendor and also select

the appropriate stock type and storage location. And Post the material document.

--> If Goods Issue Document has been posted then reverse the same manually for the required qty and then follow the same process of step 2.

--> Following steps to be followed;

a) MIGO - Here select Return Delivery -> Material Document (GRDocument) and change the qty to be returned to vendor and also select

the appropriate stock type and storage location. And Post the material document.

b) MIRO - Select Transaction "Credit Memo" and pass entry for the returned qty and value.

--> Same steps as of Point No 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pankaj,

Thanks for the reply. Can you pl explain how to reverse/cancel the excise invoice in each case,kindly explain to me in steps with T.codes. Also i would like to know in which scenario we go for creation of Return PO?

Kindly guide me.

Thanks & regards,

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please search in forum,lot of answered threads available.

You should create return p.o when u have done GR,Invoice material is cleared quality insp. later while production

it is rejected.In this case move stock directly to rejection line(seperate storage location for returns).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pankaj,

Can you pls give me the step by step procedure of reversing/canceling the Excise invoice for each cases.

I would be highly thankful to you if you could kindly do me that favor,because this Return process is confusing me a lot for long.

Thanks & Regards

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Dear Pankaj,

>

> Thanks for the reply. Can you pl explain how to reverse/cancel the excise invoice in each case,kindly explain to me in steps with T.codes. Also i would like to know in which scenario we go for creation of Return PO?

> Kindly guide me.

>

> Thanks & regards,

1) GR Still NOT done

For above cases

Defintely stock should be received in physically/stores,after quality inspection only,it will returned.So stock should be

goods receipted in SAP as quality stock later put stock to blocked from quality,before/while doing

vendor returns release blocked stock to unrestricted to seperate storage location(create a new location for returns)

SAP Process

1. Create return delivery using MIGO(122 Mvmt) with reason for movement

2. Reverse excise using J1IS for returned material document,material document type - 'MATD',Series group,

excise group,year,vendor.In invoice screen,enter qty, assesable value(material p.o price).Carefully enter/calculate

excise duties for returned quantities only.Check for excise accounting enteries and post it.

For cases 3 & 4.

Move stock immediately to rework location,Bring material for quality inspection,transfer stock of material to its immediate

or its child material(using QA32) as per BOM.Material taken for production,hence invoice should have been done.

So adapt below process as below

1. Create return purchase order(tick mark vendor returns next to info record field)

2. Do migo w.r.t p.o check mvmt type - 161,enter qty,batch,reason for mvmt,delivery note no's

3. Reverse excise using J1IS(as explained for first 2 cases)

4. Create credit memo for vendor to reduce liability using MIRO(simulate for accounting entries)

5. Print credit memo document using MR90(Configure message output settings in SPRO)

Cancel payment document using FB08,void cheque,Follow steps for cases 3&4.

Hope this answer will solve your requirements.