cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P_PERNR in CATS or P_ORGIN?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus, I'm struggling to get CATS working the way I want, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I am setting it up so employees can only access there own timesheets, so I am using P_PERNR. My understanding of this object is that you use it insted of P_ORGIN in this scenario.

Things are looking good on the initial screen, I have linked the SAP user licence to the HR record in IT0105 subtype 0001, and Ive also completed the users parameters PER & CVR with their Personel nr and the required CATS profile. The initial screen for CATS defaults in the right profile and personel nr, but when I try to go into the timesheet, I get an auth fail, which according to the auth check is object P_ORGIN.

I'm wondering if I have P_PERNR set up correctly, as how can I give the user P_ORGIN without that giving them access to more than their own HR data?

My P_PERNR settings are below (seperate post)

Have I got them wrong?

Thanks for any advice

Graham

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

if you want to use the personnel number check (authorization object:

P_PERNR) you have to activate it via transaction OOAC. In case

you want to achieve that one user can only maintain his own personnel

number we would recommend not to use P_ORGIN in the authorization

profile, but only P_PERNR. You can assign all infotypes that are

necessary for CATS via P_PERNR in the authorization profile. But

please activate 'P_PERNR' AND 'P_ORGIN' via transaction OOAC as

described in the attached note 362675.

Additionally, if you have IT0316 & IT328 defined, you might want to

consider just using IT0316.

IT0316 represents the authorization for data entry profiles and

depends on the profile setting. If a user has authorization for

IT0316 and for a specific profile authorization group (subtype of

infotype 0316) that has profiles not requiring approval assigned to it

the user can approve the data, even if he/she does not have

authorization for infotype 0328.

Please see the following example of how we have our user defined for

reference:

Object: P_PERNR (HR master data -personnel number check)

1) level: E, M, R

infotype: 0316

interpretation: I

subtype: *

2) level: *

infotype: 0005, 2001-2013

interpration: I

depending on CATS profile. I assume data entries in CATS

don´t have to be approved and directly create HR data.

Maybe you will have to adjust authorization levels.

3) level: M,R

infotype: 0000-0002, 0007, 0105, 0315, 2001-2003

interpretation: I

Object: Transactions: Cat2 and cat3

If approval of data in CATS is necessary, IT 0328 still has to be

checked.

This was tested in one of our systems and it worked: if no

authorization for time entry in cat2 for other personnel no. it did

not allow entries; they could only make entries for their own

personnel no. as in IT 0105 and T513A.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Graham,

In order to make everybody see their own timesheet, we have implemented use exit CATS0001.

There you should check whether the employee whose timesheet is being recorded is the same with the employee who is assigned to the logged in user name (check IT0105).

If not, issue a message.

Regards,

Dilek

Former Member
0 Kudos

My P_PERNR settings are......

AUTHC=E,M,R

Infotypes=0000-0002, 0007, 0315, 0316, 2001-2003, 2010

PSIGN=I

SUBTY=*

plus

AUTHC=R

Infotypes=0000-0002, 0007, 0316, 2001-2003

PSIGN=I

SUBTY=' '

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody able to give any advice on this. I'm still getting stuck at the initial screen where the message says the user has no auth for their own Pers Nr, and the auth fail says they dont have access to P_ORGIN IT0002?

Thanks

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For authorization purposes, CATS needs access to t-code PR05 to run as well.

Are you running CATS for the same employee that you are login in?

Regards,

Bentow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mauricio. Yes we have had to deal with the PR05 auth issue, which is annoying, as we don't enter expenses via CATS, but it is resolved nonetheless.

Yes the intention is that each employee enters only their own time data via CATS. The basic process is working correctly, in that they are taking directly into their own timesheet by default based on the user paramaters and entries we have made in IT0105.

My issue is purely an authorisation issue. I have given the users P_PERNR only with settings that should restrict them to their own record only, but they can go in to other records. I would expect that P_PERNR would be checked on an attempt to access somebody elses timesheet, and stop them automatically.

Dilek, regarding your comments. I have not looked at the User Exit, as my issue is purely authorisation, and if I'm reading correctly what P_PERNR is supposed to do, I wouldn't expect to have to resort to using a user exit?

Thanks

Graham

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

P_PERNR is to check if you have authorization to display / change your own record. It doesn't control whether you have access to other ees . P_ORGIN controls that.

Did you try to add 'W' authorization to P_PERNR on time infotypes ? I see it has 'E' (lock/unlock) authorization which may not

necessary mean the ee has change authorization to their own records.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ted. I have only given them P_PERNR, and yes, they can enter their own times fine. They don't have P_ORGIN, which is why I cant understand how they can get into another persons timesheet.

I would have though P_PERNR forces a check against IT0105 and if the user ID doesn't match the logon they get an auth fail if they don't have P_ORGIN, but it doesn't seem to work like that?

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the user somehow has P_ORGIN authorization assigned in one of his user profiles (doesn't necessary have to be in CATS profile specific).

Run SAP program 'RSUSR002', and key in the user id (user that supposed to only has access to his/her own record) in 'User' parameter, and 'P_ORGIN' in 'Authorization Object' parameter. If it comes back with a result, it means the user has 'P_ORGIN' authorization in one of the assigned user profiles.