cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EH&S Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there anybody who can answer this following question?

I want to upload a document (Pdf or Word format) related to a Work Area. Is it possible? Is there a standard procedure?

Thanks

Marco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Marco,

Yes, it is possible to upload a word / PDF document at work area. It is done through DMS.

With ECC 6.0 ENHP 3, SAP has come out with functionality of attaching documents. You will be able to attach the documents directly to the objects like WA, IAL and OH objects, which in turn creates a Document Info Record in DMS.

This functionality can be activated by Switching on the business functionse set : OPS_EHS_CI_1 under ENTERPRISE_BUSINESS_FUNCTIONS in IMG activity "Activate Business Functions"( Tcode: SFW5).

There are further customizing also need to be done to be able to use this functionality:

1. Define document type:

SPRO > Cross - Application Component -> Document Management -> Control Data -> Define Document Types.

You will require to defien a document type under which all your docuemnts will be stored.

2.Define workstation application

SPRO > Cross - Application Component -> Document Management -> General Data -> Define Workstation application.

Assign file format as . and mark the check box for Start Authorization and You cannot rename temporary files.

Assign this workstation application to Docuemnt type created in previous step to a field 'Default Appl.'

3.Assign EH&S document types to DMS document type

SPRO > Environnent, Health and safety -> Basic data and Tools -> Report définition -> Settings for Document management > Assign EH&S document types to DMS document type

Assign the created docuemnt type to Doc. types ; WAH (Work area for your requirement)

4.Specify User defined text type

SPRO > Environnent, Health and safety -> Industrial hygiene and Safety -> Basic Settings -> Specify User-defined text type

There may be standard setting supplied, but you can create your own also. Pls. check the Doc. Assignment box is marked for the entry and the document type created by you is mentioned in Ty. field. Keep Data cariier as SAP-System. And in object type select WA.for work area.

Same settings can be doen for Incident / Accident log also. With this settings you will be able to see the User-Defined texts, Documents link on Work area hit list screen. there you can attach your dcouments or link already created documents in DMS to EHS.

Request you to visit SAP help for the topic : User-Defined Texts and Documents under IHS > Work area Management.

Regards,

Niraj

Edited by: Niraj Sikligar on Jun 18, 2010 10:26 AM

Edited by: Niraj Sikligar on Jun 18, 2010 10:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Niraj,

I have switched on the business function set you have indicated to me. Now, in step 1 "Define document type", I can't find the object link "WA" in order to related to the document type that I'm trying to create. Does it exist?

Thank you very much

Marco

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Marco,

It is not required to maintain any object link to the Document type defined. There is no object called WA.

You simply create a document type (i.e. IHD).

Please follow the steps I have mentioned.

Regards,

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Niray,

sorry but this is the first time for me.

I have followed your steps. Now I receive this kind of error when I try to import document in CBIH02: "Data carrier SAP-SYSTEM not defined".

In SPRO--> "Specify User-Defined Text Types" I have defined Data Carrier as "Sap System".

What's the problem? Where is the error?

Thanks a lot

Marco

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Marco,

For the IMG activity :

SPRO > Environnent, Health and safety -> Basic data and Tools -> Report définition -> Settings for Document management > Assign EH&S document types to DMS document type

Check SAP-SYSTEM is defined as Data carrier for Document types.

Regards,

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj,

thank you very much. I can't able to solve the problem. I try to summarize the step you have indicated to me.

1. Define document type:

I have create a new document type: "Z_1" and mark "use kpro", "status change", "version assgmt", "archiving autorization", "change docs". In the field "Default Applic", I have choose the Application created in

2 Define workstation application

I have defined a work station application "Z_1", file format (.doc,.pdf) and mark "start authorization" and "you cannot rename temporary file"

3.Assign EH&S document types to DMS document type

I have assigned doc.types WAH to type "Z_1" and Data Carrier "SAP SYSTEM"

4.Specify User defined text type

I have created an user defined text type "Z_Test_01", mark "Doc.Assign", Type "Z_1" and Data Carrier "SAP-SYSTEM". I have assignet it to object type "WA"

In CBIH02 I choice as User Defined Text "Z_Test_01" and I try to "Import Document (doc or pdf as I defined in 3) but I receive the same messagge: "Data carrier SAP-SYSTEM not defined"

I think that everything is corret. Do you have an idea of my problem?

What about: SPRO>Cross Application>Document Mngt>General Data>Define Data Carrier ???

Please give me a light.

Regards

Marco

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Marco,

Please remove all the marks for the check boxes under Define Document type. Also, keep the values empty for all the fields under Field selection option in Define Docuemnt type for your document type: Z_1

Regarding Data Carrier:

You should only specify a value other than "SAP-SYSTEM" for the data carrier if you do not want to store the the original application files in the SAP database. In this case, you must enter either a data carrier that was created in the IMG activity "Define Data Carrier".

If the files are stored using Knowledge Provider (KPro) or ArchiveLink, you must enter the storage category (content category) that is maintained in DMS Customizing for the storage system in which the document is to be stored.

Please take help of your DMS consultant for Data carrier settings if required.

Regards,

Niraj

Edited by: Niraj Sikligar on Jun 21, 2010 3:34 PM

Edited by: Niraj Sikligar on Jun 21, 2010 3:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj,

I don't know how to say thank you!

The problem was related to the check box under Define Document Types. I also define "file size". Now I'm able to upload documents and visualize them.

Regards

Marco

Answers (0)