cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is propertytree with name "workflow" used for

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello EH&S friends,

Does anybody know where the propertytree called "workflow" is used?

Also background information in the process to use this would be helpfull.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Pascal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

In EH&S, workflows are started explicitly by the report RC1WFSUB that must be scheduled as a background job. The report identifies the workflow template to be started using the relevant entries in Customizing for Basic Data and Tools.

Specification management allows to manage specification data for the following object types u2013 Substance, agents, DG classifications, waste catalog codes, packing specifications. It can be changed and add to specification properties quickly and flexibly and also can be arranged them in a property tree tailored to client requirements. Attributes in the form of text are supported by phrase management.

In Customizing for Product Safety, the workflow for specification changes shall be activated with the aid of the environment parameter WF_SUB_FLG_ACTIVE.

In my opn, specification management which inherintly uses property tree may be right choice for ur query. As the workflow involves specification banagement followed by substance mgmt, rule edit etc. Primarily specification management is priority for workflow usage.

pl elaborate ur question for better attempt.

Hope useful.

thanks & regards,

mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh,

If I udnerstand correctly, is the property tree with name "workflow" used to control workflow processes?

Regards,

Pascal

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

with EH&S there is some basic "workflow" delivered. But coming back to your question:

To my knowledge you can "trigger" a EH&S workflow by predefined actions. My assumption would be that the property tree "workflow" is one of those examples in which SAP is providing some "default" to help you to "configure" the EH&S workflow.

Take a look here:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/fb/aa3c01f89b11d287d8080009b98822/frameset.htm

You will get an overview regarding supported EH&S workflow topics and the "demo" which is implemented in EH&S

With best regards

C.B.

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Jul 19, 2010 10:41 PM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Jul 19, 2010 10:49 PM

Answers (0)