cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing a DP Planning Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently trying to edit the planning area to change a disaggregation key figure. When I try to change the planning area, all fields displayed are disabled. I am only able to change the checkboxes on some tabs. Is this a configuration issue? How can I change the basis of disaggregation? Will this require deinitialization of the planning area?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Upon changing planning area, it has be reinitialised.

But ensure proper back up of data is done. Also,

carry out in testing environment and then later on

make changes in production environment

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Datta - My current access is SAP_ALL and as checked with SU53, there are no missing authorizations. I have followed the steps you have given below but I am not able to see "Change Key Figure Settings".

@R. Senthil Mareeswaran - thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which version are you using?Below 5.0 version you cannot change your planning area until you deintialize it.

Did you upgraded any support package or patches recently?If so try to contact Basis to ressolve.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using 4.1. We currently have a test planning area, I have tried to delete the time series objects for this but still I can't change the planning area.

Is this program /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_PAREA_CHANGE ok to use to edit the planning area? What are possible implications?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have a remote cube accessing data out of this planning area by chance?

Thanks

Mani Suresh

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can runreport /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_PAREA_CHANGEt online. You need to make sure that nobody is

locking the planning version at this time.There are no special prerequisites. It is ALWAYS recommended to have

a proper backup in case something goes wrong and you need to recover the data.You need to perform the changes on each system - DO NOT TRANSPORT the changes. If you transport the planning area, the target planning area must be deactiveted .

Regards,

Sunitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on my initial testing, this report helped in what i needed to do.

I hope I could get some thoughts though, I've noticed that the disaggregation of some items is slightly different with the disaggregation of the key figure used as as basis. Is this somewhat related to the rounding of numbers, since the difference is only about +/- 2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, small differences may be attributed to rounding.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we right click on a planning area in the transaction /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN, we need to click the third option " Change Key Figure Settings" and not the second option "Change " .

When we click the second option "Change" we find most of things disabled.

When we click the third option " Change Key Figure Settings" , we get a pop up screen of "Crtical transaction".

Please also check missing authorization if any by /nsu53.

Regards

Datta