cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You can not post to asset abc ( investment support measure) ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

I am trying to post some spending reclassed to an already capitalized asset. So in order to do this I have reactivated the project, resettled the spending to the asset and now I am trying to finalize the settlement to the asset by using tcode: CJIC... but keep getting this a hard error message:

You can not post to asset abc ( investment support measure) .....The message number is AA 311.

I checked the master data of the asset and the wbs number is assigned in the right field.

Any idea how I can resolve this ? Please help !! Thank You

Best Regards,

Yasmeen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205041
Active Contributor

Dear Yasmeen,

Error AA311 indicates that you can not post "directly" to the asset, this is because the asset is an "investment measure" so it can only be posted through the settlements to the investment order/project, meaning by transaction CJ88.

Whenever You have an investment measure (order/project with investment profile) the system will automatically create an AuC in background.

This however does not create the settlement rule yet. The settlement rule to the AuC (asset under construction) will be created if You settle the order/WBS-element for the FIRST time.

Simply run KO88 / CJ88 or CJ8A in case of a retirement and select the period and year of settlement.

If You post without test run the system will:

a) create an AuC-settlement rule

b) settle the costs to the AuC which has been created automatically according to the investment profile

The error AA311 only means that You are not allowed to post on such "special" assets of investment measures. They can only be posted to by using settlement transactions KO88 or CJ88 or in case of a retirement CJ8A.

Regards Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you !

Answers (0)