cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error DATASET_CANT_CLOSE', CX_SY_FILE_CLOSE in BW netweaver 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have different process chains in BW Netweaver 7.0 EHP1 , SP 5, they are not working. We are getting error DATASET_CANT_CLOSE', CX_SY_FILE_CLOSE, Operating system cannot close file "RSPC_DELETING_JOBS.TRC" when we run them or activate them.

I would appreciate your help.

Victoria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As suggested above, first check if there is sufficient space avaiable in the drive or path where the trace files exists (work directory). If incases there is no space and you cannoted extend the space or if there is sufficient space still facing the error then refer the Note 1170818 - Additional trace when deleting jobs and logs.

Regards,

Sharath

Edited by: sharath Babu on Jul 5, 2010 3:10 PM

former_member189440
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also getting the same error, can any body help me on this issue

The file "/usr/sap/PIP/TACTUKS_1000_HQ01_20110201_010435" could

not properly be closed by the operating system.

The probable cause is that data sets buffered by the operating system

after they were passed by the ABAP Processor in a previously processed

TRANSFER statement were supposed to be written to the database before

the file was closed. This could not be completed properly because not

enough room was available in the file system.

File: " "

Error number: 116

Error text: "Stale NFS file handle"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uday,

The error is also clearly stating that there is not enough space in the file system. clear up some unwanted files or extend the space for the /usr/sap/PIP file system

former_member189440
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually my sceanrio was file to jms where the file adapter will pick the files from one of the application server,and in R3 we have a sequence of batches which were triggered on daily basis when these batches triggered in group one of the batch failed due to above error ,but after some time when we excute the same failed batch it will successfully processed.

Please guide me what needs to be done from PI Side.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,can you tell me how to slove this problem? I have found the same error "Operating system cannot close file "RSPC_DELETING_JOBS.TRC" in my bw system when i run the process chain. The job of the process chain whill be cancled with the abap dump. Thank you very much!

paul_power
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Victoria,

Check the full dump via ST22.

It will have an error code and message.

If its:

File: " "

Error number: 28

Error text: "No space left on device"

then please follow above solution. Else let us know the error code and message.

Regards,

Paul

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Victoria,

The error says that the Operating system cannot close file "RSPC_DELETING_JOBS.TRC".

I assume the tracefile has been stored at the work directory. Can you please have a look at this directory and check if there is enough available space?

Regards,

Blanca