Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New inspection lot after QI to QI movement

vijay_singh21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to move my batch from QI stock to QI stock after usage decision. I can use movement type 323 for this.

Is it possible to create a new inspection lot for this movement?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Pls understand the logic, You have stock in QI, you are inspecting it and then there will be three possiblites

1. Either you approve and relase it

2. Reject and Block / Scrap / return it

3. Re test or re check it.

I think your requirement is third once and you want ot re insepect your stick that is already laying in QI. So to meet this requriement you need to do below settings...

In Customizing...

Go to QCC0>Basic Settings>Maintain Settings at Plant Level--> for respctive plant - in the Insp. Lot creation tab--> Set the Inspection type 0800 in the field "_InspTypeForInspStock_"

Now run trx QA08

Enter Material code and plant

Enter Inspection type 0800

Activate the check box "Activate Despite Inspection Stock"

Exectue.

Select the data and Save, system will generate new insepction lot for the stock lying in quality. Then process it as per the requirement.

Regards,

Shyamal

vijay_singh21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Shyamal,

I did as you suggested but it did not work. The steps I executed:

1) An inspection lot is created with inspection type 08

2) Results recorded and usage decision puts it from QI to QI stock using mvt type 323

3) I executed QA08 but no new inspection lot was generated.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The process suggested by Joshi is for new activations only. I.e. you have material in Q stock but QM was not active for hte material. You use QA08 to activate an inspection type and the system see the stock in Q and makes an 08 lot for it.

Your process is that you want to return the stock back into QI after having inspected it first. This can't be done in a single step.

What you can do is post the stock from the UD to a special storage locaton. Have a special UD code for this that has a follow-up action set up for it. In the follow-up action, have the system in the background do a second material movement, (I suggest using copy of 311 or 411 and creating a 911 movement), from teh special storage location back to the original storage location. Since the background job will use the 911, and 08 inspection types are active, an 08 inspection lot will be created. Keep in mind that you should deactivate QM for those movement types that use an 08 inspection lot origin that you don't want lots created for, (for example, the 311 and 411).

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Our friend Craig is absolutely correct, that is the pure way to rectify it.

But there is an escape,,,

I think you can try this way....

First we need to deactivate already activated inspetion type "0800" in QM view of MM.

To achieve this,

Run QA08 Pass Plant, material code, Select the Tab "Indiciadual Processing" in QA08. Active the check box "Activate Despite Inspection Stock"

Execute

You will be in receipt of List where in a line item will there containing Material, plant and Description.

Now click on the "Change Insepction Setup" Button.

And just "Un check" the chech box of "Active" in for inspection type 0800.

Exite. The data are expected to save.

Then follow the steps accrding to my last post and you will find the one more lot starting with "08000..." number range. for the lot that is laying in QI

Regards,

Shyamal

vijay_singh21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks both. I was looking for a one-step procedure. But now I understand it is not possible in a standard way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not sure, but you can try with activating inspection type 08.

vijay_singh21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Inspection type 08 is activated in inspection set up in material master. But for movement type 323, it is not possible to chnage it and it is blank in standard.