Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trigerring BPM from Web Dynpro screen not working

ashwani_tomar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am trying to trigger a BPM process from a Web Dynpro screen so I created a BPM process and created a WSDL and consuming the WSDL in the Web Dynpro app but getting an exception "Exception on creation of service metadata for web service mass config parameters service reference ID '28af57ab-9212-4ffd-90c6-0779c78a8da3' and application name 'demo.sap.com/testwd'. Check mass configuration has been done properly."

Please assist with what I am missing.

Thanks,

-Ash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

1. go to SOA Management of nwa to check whether the generated ws is configured correctly.

2. go to configuration management of nwa to check whether you can manually start your process

Best regards,

John

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ran into the same error when attempting to consume a Process as a web service from my Web Dynpro component. I found that it is actually succeeding in kicking off my process, but it looks like it fails from my calling component. It seems to be related to calling a service meant to be asynchronous as a synchronous service. In my case, it throws a SOAP fault "com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.exceptions.SOAPFaultException: Process start has been triggered" when I run it from the WS Navigator manually. It turns out that the same error is getting wrapped by the exception you were experiencing. Try using the getCause method to see if the same is true for you. This environment is still new to me so I don't have good solution on how to make it not throw that error in the first place.

[addendum] I ran across [this|] thread that explains exactly what I had guessed. You can remove the response part of your WSDL and it will get called successfully in an asynchronous manor. Note that you must manually remove some of the entries in the WSDL since the visual editor with the 7.1 environment doesn't clean up after itself as well as it should.

Edited by: Joseph Robertson on Jan 12, 2011 11:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here consuming wsdl in webdynpro.Suppose if you are using ce71 then

1. check for service group mapping with provider system after deployment by going to nwa

2.Generating wsdl, so check for webservice configuration also.

Thanks,

Murthy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashwani,

Please check the service in wsnavigator whether is working fine..?

If it is working fine...Please send the log file to my eemail which is mentioned in my business card.

Regards

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashwani,

Please find the below link it may help u..

/people/arafat.farooqui/blog/2009/08/13/introduction-to-sap-netweaver-bpm-part-4

Regards

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ashwani,

Did you solved this problem?

Having the same problem...

500 Internal Server Error is returned for HTTP request [...uiwd/StartAnyRequest]:

component [dispatcher],

web module [webdynpro/resources/productuiwd],

application [productuiwd],

DC name [productuiwd],

CSN component[Default],

problem categorization [],

internal categorization [1708312028].

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model.webservice.exception.WSModelRuntimeException: Exception on creation of service metadata for web service mass config parameters service reference ID '197236f9-5e71-4419-ab25-615ae2781358' and application name '...uiwd'. Check mass configuration has been done properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

From wsnavigator and SoapUI I can start the service without any problems.

From our WD4J, I have the above error...

Someone an idea?

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think your soa configuration is not done correctly.

SOA Management->Application and Scenario Communication->Application communication

find your application, check the consumed services tab

Best regards,

john