cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot initialize Report Engine Server. (Error:RWI 00226)(Error:INF)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

WebIntelligenceProcessingServer is going down frequently (state: stop mode) by this time. In this situation, if a user is trying to run the web reports (SAP cube universe based reports), and they are getting an error message saying that u201CCannot initialize Report Engine Server. (Error:RWI 00226)(Error:INF)u201D. The user can able to run the WebI reports only when we restart the server (WebIntelligenceProcessingServer).

As per my understanding about this issue, it is happening only when more users are trying to connect the WebI reports concurrently.

I dig out this problem in various ways and found the below points

u2022 We added a second WebIntelligenceProcessingServer.

 We changed the following "Servers" Host Identifiiers from 'auto assign' to specifying the Hostname, under the Common Settings section of the server properties:

Central Management Server

Connection Server

CrystalReportsProcessingServer

WebIntelligenceReportProcessesingServer (both of them)

Please suggest me how do we handle this issue and resolve it .

Thanks & Regards,

Tamil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understand correctly you are unable to refresh the reports because your WEBI servers are down. When you restart the WEBI Processing Server you can refresh the reports successfully.

It seems that your WebI Processing Servers are not being recycled properly. They are supposed to restart based on a pre-defined settings. Which version are you on? I did face this issue with XI 3.1 a year back and am sure there was a fix for this issue in one of the fix packs.

- Noman Jaffery

roland_hoeller2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you please clarify the product and the version you are on?

There have been some problems with the Web Intelligence report server not restarting itself properly. E.g. FP 2.7:

ADAPT01331587

Description:

Upon start up, Web Intelligence servers may remain suspended in the initialization process until manually restarted.

The problem is caused by a error in the Enterprise Nameserver registration process.

New Behavior:

This problem is resolved

Regards

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noman/Roland

Thanks for quick response!!!

My environment details below:-

BOXI3.0(version 12.0.0.683) and , SAP integration kit,windows server

2003 and sql server(database )

Thanks & Regards,

Tamil

roland_hoeller2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

This is quite an old version now. In this case I expect that the Web Intelligence report server crashes after reaching the memory limit of ~1.6GB (imposed by a 32 bit Java process).

By upgrading to a newer version you would benefit from a reduced memory footprint and quicker report run time (for SAP based Web Intelligence reports. SAP knowledgebasae article 1294892)

Regards

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reloand,

Kindly let me know below upgrading (New) version advice able for this issue?or we need to upgrade any other version(SP/FP)?

SAP Side: SAP Net weaver BI7 Enhancement Pack 1 + Support Pack 3

BO Side: SP2 and FP2.7 (BOXI 3.1)

Thanks & Regards,

Tamil

roland_hoeller2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

I would not rush into an upgrade. Please do this on a test system first. In the meantime increase the amount of Web Intelligence services to woraround the RWI 00226 error. By having more Web Intelligence services you have more services available if one of them goes down.

The version I would recommend you to go to is Business Objects Enterprise XI SP3.

You cannot install SP3 directly you need to go to SP1 first.

Kind Regards

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How to increase the amount of Web Intelligence services ?

Thanks & Regards,

Tamil

roland_hoeller2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

In the Central Management Console -> Servers you can either create a new Web Intelligence Report Server or clone an existing one.

Please refer to the manual for more information:

service.sap.com -> Help & Support -> SAP Business Objects Support -> Documentation

Regards

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

Sorry, I was confusion with these words (increase the amount of Web Intelligence services)

Actually Two days back I added one more WebIntelligenceProcessingServer. Now, the all (Old & New) WebIntelligenceProcessingServer is running fine without down (state: stop mode). We need to wait/test coming few days then only we can say itu2019s fixed or not. I will update you later!!!

Thanks a lot for your support.

Regards,

Tamil

Edited by: Rajesh Kumar Thoppe on Jul 19, 2010 12:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

Sorry for the delay respone . we tested from Last two week to tilll date .Now WebIntelligenceProcessingServer running fine with out fail

Thanks & Regards,

Tamil

Answers (0)