Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YTD or Periodic ? Also the impact of Force Closing parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert,

I have 2 question :

1. YTDINPUT in Application Parameter :

Is there any concern if i put the parameter with Periodic ? For Example : Any function in bpc that cannot run in periodic data, maybe carry foward function?

What is the major consideration when i have to choose the periodic or ytd parameter?

2. In automatic adjustment at the business rules detail.

There is column named Force Closing.

I put the Source Flow is F0440 = ( Closing Balance Type )

I Put Destination Flow is Blank ( From what i'm read, it will write same as the Sorce Flow )

And I put The Force Closing is Check

Is that any problem with that ? Like Double data ?

Thx

Suprapto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member599120
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear suprapto nesta,

I will try to answer your two questions.

For case no.1: If you need YTD data for your report, you could configure measure dimension member to be YTD in your report schedule. Just Information for you, If you change your application parameter to be YTD, your data in database will change all to be YTD.

For case 2: Force closing option is an activities will execute after business rule done and I think that destination flow is empty, the BPC will transfer your data same with source. Please check your BPC service patch which you used.

Kind Regards,

Wandi Sutandi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Wandi,

Thanks for your answer, but i think i need to be clear with my question:

For case no. 1:

I see in BPC Documentation, the recommended value in YTDInput Paramter is YTD and not periodic.

Why the recommended value is YTD ?

Out of the customer needs, what is the best pratices in bpc to store data in Legal Application , YTD or Periodic ?

Because, BPC comes with great function ( store procedure, business rules, etc ) example : business rules can set up to carry foward the value ,

If the parameter set to periodic, is the function that created in bpc will have to re-script again to make the value carry foward ?

Please see my cases not just only in carry foward case, but the consideration if the periodic is setup then what features in bpc that i have to re-create again manually in script.

For case no 2:

My service patch is 7.0.112

IF my settings is like that ? is it will create a dupplicate value ?

Because the source value is the ending balance, the destination is ending balance and the force closing is check.

From what i'm read in document, the force closing will create value in the ending value. Am I will create dupplicate data if the source value is the ending balance, the destination is ending balance and the force closing is check ?

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi suprapto,

For the Force Closing option, example if you have the following flows:

FLOW_TYPE	FILTER	FILTER2
Opening Balance		OPENING		MVS	FLOW
Additions				MVS	FLOW
Subtractions				MVS	FLOW
Deferrals				MVS	FLOW
Ending Balance		CLOSING			FLOW

You use this option if you have account flows wherein the total needs to be posted automatically to the Closing Balance(FLOW_TYPE=CLOSING). Therefore if you have the setup above and you define in your Business Rules:

SOURCE:FILTER=MVS and FORCE CLOSING=TRUE, the total amount of FLOWS with MVS as value in FILTER property will be posted to Ending Balance. But if you use FILTER2 for example, Ending Balance will also be posted to the account flow with FLOW_TYPE=CLOSING. Therefore if you define Ending Balance(FLOW_TYPE=CLOSING) as SOURCE and FORCE CLOSING=TRUE therefore your value will be doubled.

By the way, we had some issues that we've encountered in the SAP BPC MS 7.0 SP3:

1. Note 1410596 - FX-310 occurs when there are many of rate members - corrected in BPC 7.0M SP7.

2. Note 1325964 - FX calculates incorrectly ApplyToPeriodic on G type dim - corrected in BPC 7.0M SP4.

Hope this this helps,

Marvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marvin,

I think my case no. 2 has an answer now, so in that case

IF

My Source Flow is Ending balance = 100

My Destination is also Ending Balance

And my Force Closing is CHECK

So my ending balance now is 200 , right ? But the right value is suppose to be 100 only ?

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Can i check in my database to see the value created ? in which table ? Fact , FactWB or Fac2 Table ?

And for my case no.1 the YTD or Periodic , does anyone can share an aswer for me ?

Thanks,

Suprapto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi suprapto,

You can find the data results at the FactWB, if you're using FLOW with FLOW_TYPE=CLOSING as SOURCE, you will have to uncheck FORCE CLOSING because this will double your data.

For the YTD or PERIODIC setup, in our case, it depended on the client's practice. For example, in our LegalApp application they usually report in YTD values so we setup the application as YTD. In the FINANCE application, they are more on monthly PLANNING and FORCASTING so we set it up as PERIODIC. In either way you could also view the data as YTD or PERIODIC. Of course some logics will have to adjust depending on the need. For example, in our LegalApp (YTD) we need to do a currency translation for P&L accounts using periodic RATES so we had to check Apply to Periodic option in the Business Rules tables for that to be possible.

Just be sure to check some of those SAP Notes above because that really gave us trouble, since your using SP3 too right?

Hope this helps,

Marvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marv,

Thanks, all my question is clear now Where do you get the SAP notes ?

For the final question, Can you give me the link for the SAP Notes?

thanks,

suprapto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi suprapto,

You can find it at: https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/support.

Regards,

Marvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok thanks marvin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert , can you help to answer my question ?

thanks,

suprapto