cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hide the Links "Personalize" and "Define new Query" on the POWL UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to hide the Links "Personalize" and "Define new Query" on the POWL UI . Is there any way to do this other than modifying the web dynpro component 'POWL_UI_COMP'

Please help..

Thanks,

Lavanya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

Thank you so much for your inputs...

First option doesn't work for me as I need this to to done for all users..

I tried the second option but I cant understand why even though I change this component configuration '/SAPSRM/POWL_CONFIG_SC' the changes dont reflect on the screen.

I have changed the component configurations before to change the button text , making the components visible/invisible..

But in this case it didn't work for me..I think this is not the relevant component configuration ..

I also tried to change other configurations which seemed to be relevant but nothing worked..

I didn't want to this , But finally I created an enhancement for this web dynpro component POWL_UI_COMP and made the changes.

I'm still looking for a better way to do this..

Please share with me if you have any info..

Thanks,

Lavanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

I had no difficulities to hide the links and to see the changes after refreshing the query by starting from portal.

But I just tried to unhide the links and got VERY strange behavior:

- for configuration '/SAPSRM/POWL_CONFIG_SC' it was successful

- for configuration '/SAPSRM/POWL_CONFIG' I cannot unhide the links - they stay disappeared !!

After a while I found some reasons:

- we made a few changes in portal configuration concerning navigation and menus

- with original (unchanged) navigation the configuration works successful - I can hide and unhide

- with changed navigation the configuration does'nt work.

Perhaps changes in portal could also be the reason for you that changes do not affect.

I think we both have a problem with remaining bugs in POWL. I found about 250 OSS messages concerning POWL. We also have open OSS for POWL configuration.

We are on SRM release 7.0 SP7. What is your exact release?

Regards

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

Thanks so much for sharing the info..

We have recently upgraded from SRM 5 to 7 with SP 7.

As you said , it should be something related to portal configuration because we are having another issue with SRM user settings header in portal.

Many configurations in different places ...

Thanks again for your inputs..

Please share with me if you have more info.

Regards,

Lavanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

Finally I found another and better way of doing this..

Changing the authroizations to role for the authorization object CA_POWL.

Just wanted to to let you know that my issue is resolved this way so that I could take out the enhancement ..

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Lavanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

Request you to please let me know the detail steps of how to change the authorization to CA_POWl..

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to the role of the user - PFCG - Authorizations - Change authorization data - Cross-application authorization objects - authorizations for Personal Object Work List (POWL) iViews

Here you have to specify the application ID POWL_APPID - For ex - SAPSRM_E_CHECKSTATUS

To hide define query and personalze ,I have changed the following settings -

In activity POWL_CAT - '03' , POWL_LSEL-DISALLOWED - POWL_QUERY - 03 , POWL_RA_AL - ALLOWED , POWL_TABLE - DISALLOWED.

Let me know if you need more info.

Regards

Lavanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lavanya,

Thanks for sharing the solution. It is very helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

there are multiple ways to do that without modifications.

You can decide between user configuration (for logged on user) or admin configuration (for all users).

User config:

- click on right mouse key on the link, e.g. "Personalize"

- select "hide link ...."

Admin config for all users:

- SE80: Call WebDynpro-Component POWL_UI_COMP

- expand Component-Configurations

- double click on /SAPSRM/POWL_CONFIG_SC

- click on button "start configurator" (browser will open, you should logon as admin)

- click on button "change"

- select tab "Web-Dynpro-Built-In"

- navigate to view-element "PERSONALIZE" (left side) by expanding MASTER_CONTENT -> QUERY_TOOLBAR -> RIGHT_HAND -> PERSONALIZE

- set parameter Visibility to "Invisible"

- do the same for element "DEFINE_QUERY"

- Save configuration with button "Save"

If you have trouble to repeat these steps you can request a word document (by email) where these steps are desribed with screen shots.

Good luck!

Joe