cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

avoiding creation of reservation during creation of production order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

when we create a production order for a semifinshed material there are reservations created for the raw material used to produce the semifinished material ,what if I what to avoid the creation of material reservation .

I have tried out with setting in opl8 wherein we specify the creation of reservation on release of production order or on creation or never but it is not working otu please if u can help me out.

I what to create manual reservation for production orders......Is it possible?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ,

.As long as , you have BOM components are in stock , system will generate reservation for them when you create Production order where as if any of the component is not available in the stock then it will generate PR based on the material master set up because when you are creating production order or creating planned order through MRP , system performs material availablity check in the back ground and generate either reservation or PR automatically .

Secondly, you can not create Manual Reservation , See the Std SAP message .Message no. M7 126

You entered an order whose category only permits automatic reservations. The following order categories do not allow manual reservations:

10 PP production order

20 network

30 maintenance order

40 batch order (process manufacturing)

50 inspection lot.

So conclusion is you can't stop creation of reseravtion .Curious to know why you do not want reservation for PO ?

Hope this is clear

Regards

JH

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear

I was curious to stop the creation of reservation since In case I am creating a lot of production orders at the starting of the month with different delivery dates there are reservation created for all those production orders what if raw material available in stock gets reserved for all the production orders already created and now I want to create a production order with an earlier delivery date as compared to most of the prod. orders already created .In such a case I should be able to assign the available stock of raw material to the production order having an earlier delivery date so that it could be delivered .

l was asking for an option of manual reservation so that I could create reservation for orders to be delivered earlier manually .

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you want the latest Production orders should consider stock and all the previous production orders for which reservation was

created by ststem then you can Perform " TECO " of those earlier Production orders so system will consider stock for the

latest Production order

Jaya Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For that, all you need 2 do is run COMAC with Reset commitments options. Then system will do a fresh commitment based on the need date.

Do a test in your sandbox first & then adopt in PRD. Revert if you face any issues.

Regards,

Vivek

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ,

You can carry out collective avaibilty check through CO24,MDVP,COHVPI,CO09 , COMAC which will re-set your requirement or try BAPI which can be used :BAPI_PRODORD_CHECK_MAT_AVAIL for all the orders .

Refer this thread in that case :

Regards

JH

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

In the Order type dependent parameters in OPL8 you can remove the Tick against this check box Under Purchase requisition Tab

select Option " 1 "

Yes you can in MB21 against Order you can Post reservation

Regards,

jaya Vimal

Edited by: jaya vimal on Aug 8, 2010 6:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear jaya,

In opl8 there is setting regarding creation of purchase req. or reservation which gives us an option of creation of reservation on release or on creation or never but inspite of setting it the reservation are created on creation of order.

have you tried creating a reservation for an order created using order category 10 it does not allow to create manual reservation .

Please try and revert back

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit,

The reservation number is system created ,when you create a order the reservation number is created by system you cant stop it . You can see this reservation number in assignment tab of Production order.

You can create manual reservation against Material .You can not create manual reservation against order .revert back if needed

Regards

Girish

Edited by: girish khobare on Aug 9, 2010 9:16 AM