cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get rid of compounded keys on WebI report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am (very) new to Business Objects and Web Intelligence, and have created a Universe on a BW multicube.<br />

When I setup the WebI report doc, the Fiscal year (and Fiscal Period/year) are showing with the Fiscal Variant as a prefix (e.g. Z3/2009). <br /> <br />

Using a formula to 'strip' the characteristic to 2009 confuses the data (as there is no 'key' of 2009, only Z3/2009).

Filtering by Fiscal Variant (the Z3 part) doesn't seem to change things, or even putting the fiscal variant in as a column (these techniques used to work quite nicely in Bex and Web Bex).<br />

Is there some magic I have missed in the Universe building process (which I have purposefully kept very simple, as there are plenty of these to build!!).<br /> <br />

I am sure folks have seen (and sovled) this before, as Fiscal Year (and Fiscal Period/year) must be used often, and these are standard SAP time fields.<br />

However, i can find nothing in help or even forums (perhaps I am not searching for correct key words).<br /> <br />

I haven't tried building the universe off a Bex Query, and am kind of reluctant to do this, as it builds in another layer to maintain.<br /> <br />

Anyone know how to get rid of the compounded part of the (fiscal year) objects?<br /> <br />

Your help and comments are much appreciated.<br /> <br />

Regards,<br />

Martin.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

What data type is the object in Webi? Is it showing as string? What do you mean by it "confuses" the data? Does it give you a specific error?

You could try the "substr" function. If it doesn't work in a formula on the report, you could place it in a variable:

=Substr([Object];4;4)

Define it as a dimension. See if that works.

Thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Prabhith
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have to workaround with substr function till SP4.

With SP5, SAP has come out with a soution for this limitation.

Please see the link below for more details:

http://scn.sap.com/community/businessobjects-web-intelligence/blog/2013/02/03/all-you-need-to-know-a...

BR,

Prabhith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers.

I have been attempting to use formulas on the KEYs (which is why the data 'got confused' - disappeared).

Using the Dimension (description) allowed me to format it in the correct way. Mission Accomplished.

Thanks again for your kind attention.

Regards,

Martin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same pbm,

can you please share the solution what u did

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

I am also facing the same problem.

I have an object Showing (TR/1223xxxx). I was able to remove "TR/" in bex by dragging the compunded object in Rows section and supressing it to "No Display" but in Webi I am still getting (TR/1223xxxx).

In Webi if I create a formula and trim the above value, i am getting "#UNAVAILABLE" in Key Figures, i.e. measures (smar Measures)

Is there a way to get rid of this compunded value.

One more requirement, in Bex Query, I am giving dislay as "Key and Text" but in Webi, i get only "Text" for that object. I have to explicitply drag and use the Object - key (detail object of that particular dimension). Is there a way to get both Key and Text in Webi using a single object.

Kindly help. Thank You!

Edited by: Aikansh on Mar 9, 2012 8:49 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aikansh, not sure if you found the solution to your problem, but when you create the variable that trims the TR/, make it a detail object and associate it with whatever dimension 1223 is. Then if you have both in a block you won't get #UNAVAILABLE. In BI4.0 you can then hide the column with TR/...

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is a known limitation right now and you would have to create a formula in the report to split the compounded characteristics as the MDX does not offer you much string manipulation options

ingo