cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

j2ee_admin user account locked repeatedly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When the password of j2ee_admin is changed, we are able to deploy our web dynpro applications a few times before j2ee_admin is locked automatically due to incorrect logins. We have specified the correct password for j2ee_admin in config tool(secure store tab). Not sure what is causing the locking of the j2ee_admin account.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Gangadharayya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185864
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you forgot or lock "Administrator or J2EE_ADMIN" password just follow below steps:

STEP-1: Enable "SAP*"

1.Start the Config Tool C:\usr\sap\<SID>\<engine-instance>\j2ee\configtool\configtool.bat

Ex: D:\usr\sap\F02\JC00\j2ee\configtool --> configtool.bat

2.Goto cluster-data --> Global server configuration --> services --> com.sap.security.core.ume.service

3.Double-click on the property "ume.superadmin.activated = TRUE"

4.Double-click on the property "ume.superadmin.password=<Enter any password ex: abc123>"

5.Save.

6.Restart the engine.

STEP-2: Login with "SAP*" into portal

1. http://<host>:<Port>/useradmin/index.jsp

2. Enter userid / password as" SAP* / <password ex: abc123>"

3. Search for "Administrator" user

4. Reset or change password for "Administrtor"

STEP-3: Disable "SAP*"

1.Start the Config Tool C:\usr\sap\<SID>\<engine-instance>\j2ee\configtool\configtool.bat

2.Goto cluster-data --> Global server configuration --> services --> com.sap.security.core.ume.service

3.Double-click on the property "ume.superadmin.activated = FALSE"

4.Save.

5. Restart the engine.

STEP-4: Login with "Administrator"

1. http://<host>:<Port>/useradmin/index.jsp

2. Enter userid / Password as "Administrator / <password>

3. it will ask change password just change it.

Note: Just increase the no.of invalid_attemps during the deployment then make it according to your standereds.

ume.logon.security_policy.lock_after_invalid_attempts = <number ex: 4>

3. Save & restart.

Thanks,

Nagaraju Parlapalli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagaraju,

I followed the steps and was able to logon using sap* to http://hostname:50200 -> Netweaver administrator -> System Management -> administration -> Identity Management.

However, when I am trying to change the j2ee_admin password, I am getting the error

---

An error occurred in the persistence. The original message (possibly not translated) was: "Attribute "lockreason" on namespace "com.sap.security.core.usermanagement" of principal "UACC.R3_DATASOURCE.J2EE_ADMIN" is not modifiable.". Contact your system administrator

---

Please advise.

Thanks,

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you have the j2ee run as add in, the modification of users in j2ee is locked.

you can modify the users in abap (SU01), this will be used as ume Userstore.

Edited by: Christian F. on Oct 15, 2008 10:44 AM

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi All,

this note can come in handy too:

#1493272 A user gets locked automatically

I hope this helps someone.

Regards,

Ervin

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Ranjeet0702
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Send me a mail at ranjeetk_jha@infosys.com. I will send you process to administrator password change guide.

regards,

Ranjeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why not sharing this with us ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

i have the same problem my j2ee_admin locks repeatedly just for one trail.now im totally locked out.initially it gve authentication error but these days it is not even giving that error and it is hanging at 99%.can you people pls help me ...thanks in advance....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd be highly grateful if you could mail the same file to me.

sridhar_k2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had this problem. Follow the below steps.

Can you check for this property "No password change required" - in your visual Admin?

For this one please follow below steps.

Open "Visual Administrator" in that "Cluster> Server>Services-->Security Provider"

Goto "Runtime" - tab and then "User Management". Search for the user "J2EE_Admin" and double click on the user name to get the user management property sheet. There you can find "No password change required". If it is not checked, please check that one. then that password wont expire for every deployment.

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sridhar,

Your post is redundant, but thanks for the effort.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gangadharayya,

Open "Visual Administrator" and go to "Cluster>Server>Services-->Security Provider"

Choose "Runtime" tab and then "User Management". Search for the user "J2EE_Admin" and double click on the user name to get the user management property sheet. Check if the "No password change required" check box is checked or not..If this checkbox is not checked then the password will expire repeatedly.

Sometimes, <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/3a/4a0640d7b28f5ce10000000a155106/frameset.htm">Activating the Emergency User</a> will be helpful.

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are having the same issues:

J2EE gets repeatedly locked out. We cannot log into the Visual Administrator with J2EE_Admin.

Our box is checked. We unlock it with SAP* then reset the server only to find J2EE_ADMIN locked again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bala,

My Administrator automatically locked. I saw ur forum and i opened user administrator The property " No password change required" is checked. The Property--> lock status says " Locked automatically after 6 invalid login attempts" and Down Activity statistics --> successful logon count = 0.

Can u help me.

Malar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi malar,

I have had the same problem of the J2EE_ADMIN user was locked.

The best solution, if you have the NetWeaver 2004s, UME activated with APAB.

unlock the J2EE_ADMIN user with the transaction code SU01.

The J2EE_ADMIN is located in the client 001.

Regards,

Mathieu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was facing the same problem, until I found that I was using the J2EE_ADMIN as the user for the SLD Data Provider, and that was the reason for the locks.

In the Visual Administrator -> server -> services -> SLD you have to change the password for the HTTP settings and the CIM settings.

Hope this help.

Best regards,

Sebastian Merlo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian Merlo,

I have the exactly the same problem.

And your solution is work-able on my case too!.

Thanks for sharing.

Best Regards,

Ady Purnama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hiremath

I think this is due to licensing issue with your SAP WAS software.Please check this as we have faced this problem in past.

Hope this helps

Thanks & Regards

Ananda.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this j2ee_admin or sdm user ?

Regards,

Subramanian V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

j2ee_admin is getting locked.