cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recurring entry postings every month

Former Member

Hi All,

We have a requirement from the client on the recurring entries to be posted by the system automatically every month end without user intervention.

I mean we have around 200 recurring journals to be posted in the system every month with the same amount and same GL codes.

We know that we can create the recurring document in the TCODE: FBD1 and run them every month using the TCODE : F.14.

But here we have a problem with users that they are forgetting to run some of the entries at month end and sometimes even worst that they forgot to run F.14.

So my client wants to post those recurring entries by system itself every month end without user intervention.

Please ,please need your inputs on this topic. Is this possible in SAP or not. If possible how to achieve this..?

Many thanks..

Sandhya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

I have tried the run schedule but it still need user intervention and they need to execute every month

Murali, can you please explain in more details how to use the tcode: SCMA. I donu2019t understand how to proceed. Do you have any online links on this how to proceed. Perhaps can you please give me.?

Please anybody help on this....?

Thanks..!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a batch job with the below paramaters:-

Program = SAPF120

Variant = As you need (Just make sure that the settlement period is defined using the dynamic date calculation field "Current Month" in variant attribute.

Periodicity of the batch job = Say last day of the month.

Then the postings will hapeen every month, untill you stope the job or the end date is defined in the job scheduling.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer the below link to see how to define a dynamic variable:-

http://www.saptechnical.

com/Tutorials/ABAP/DynamicVariant/Procedure.htm

To schedule a batch job follow the below steps:-

1. Use Transaction SM36.

2. Assign a job name.

3. Set the job's priority in Job Class:

High --- Class A

Medium --- Class B

Low ---Class C

4. Here you can specify,when the job is to start by choosing Start Condition. Click on the Date/Time button and then give the Schedule start date and time as last date of this month and click on the check box Periodic Job at the bottom. Then click on the button Period Values and Say Monthly and save and save.

5. Now,define the job's steps by choosing the button "Step" on the main screen of SM36.

Here you need to give the ABAP program name SAPF120 and the name of the variant thats being used.

6. Save the fully defined job to submit it to the background processing system.(You need to click save button on the main screen i.e SM36)

7. Go to transaction SM37, select the check box "Scheduled" and execute. Then select your batch job and release the same by clicking on the release button.

Hope it is more clear now.

If you need more detailed

Regards,

gaurav

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Your explanation is simply superb.

Rgds

Murali. N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav, many thanks for your detailed steps. I followed your steps and can able to create the batch job. This process just creating the session in SM35 and not posting the entries (document) automatically.

So here also we need user intervention to run the batch session every month from SM35 right..? this process will not post the recurring entry automatically by the system isnu2019t it..? still need to execute the session in SM35 that auto created by this batch job right ..?

We need all the recurring entries should be posted by the system auto every month end. So that user no need to take care of those entries.

Please help me if this possible or not..?

Thanks a lot.. !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to SM36 and add a second step to the batch job with program name as RSBDCSUB and variant created.

The variant should have the same BDC session name as given for the variant of the first step program for creation of recurruing document.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have problem with second step i.e:

SM36 ABAP program: RSBDCSUB

but SAP requires again "variant" - if I skipp this step how can I indicate which "batch" must be run ?

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member194797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Add a second step with program RSBDCSUB. It will start the batch input session.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest you configure all your month end processes in teh closing cock pit "CLOCO - Closing Cockpit ". This will eliminate the user mistakes to run certain processes in sequence or running them.

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, This can be done through Schedule manager

Please check transaction : SCMA

Please search help.sap.com for further assistance.

Rgds

Murali. N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try Further selection: in F.14, settement period, run schedule & user also in output control: blocking input session name. I am not too sure about but you can try this.

Thanks,

Vishal Pant