cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deletion of company code - checklist

0 Kudos

hi friends,

I have removed one of the company codes from our Dev environment. Now I need to ensure that nothing in "broke" in the system as a result of this deletion. Can anyone help me to develop that checklist accordingly.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marcelo_trein
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, Shaheen

The transaction to delete a company code is EC01. When a company code is deleted in EC01, all the entries for this company code in all the relates tables will also be deleted. The list of associates table for a unit can be seen by

EC01 -> Extras -> Associated tables.

This will display the list of tables which have company code as one of their key fields. The table T093C is very much present in the associated tables list for company code. Hence when the company code is deleted, entries from this table will also be deleted for that value.

There is also a note that helps you delete inconsistent entries: 19093.

I hope this helps you.

M Trein

0 Kudos

hi Trein,

thanks for your answer. the company code, I deleted is not existent now in table T093C. Apparently, its transactions are also deleted from the associated tables you had referred.

how can I ensure that the company code, I deleted via EC01, has left no impact on the other company codes and data set at client level?

Is there anything to check at the integration points i.e. assignments that the deleted company code had with the rest of the system? If yes, then what are those assignments? I appreciate your reply.

Thanks

Shaheen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

thanks for the links, they, undoubtedly, contain very useful information. But these steps had already been taken to clean up and delete the company code from the system by one of our outgoing consultants.

Now the question is to check the system for any possible fall back/breakage due to any laxity or oblivision on the part of that gentleman who had removed this company code from the system. it might not be a very minute or detailed examination, but I believe there could be some major checks for any connecting points for that matter.

Thanks

Shaheen

Edited by: shaheen1 on Aug 18, 2010 7:25 AM