cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gui XT Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The company i work with has implemented Gui XT solution and it has been well accepted.But there are few issues as well

1) The user desktop hangs in between with "SAP GUI not responding" message.This happens when they try to toggle between screens(ALT + TAB), sometimes also when they click on wrong GUI XT button.

2) Users get a pop-up Gui XT script stopped "Process step limit exceeded".

3) Not enough virtual memory-"Not enough memory for internal table" table name=auto occu=1024 leng=4144

4) Memory Overwritten - "Internal Error"

5) Gui XT lock situation "api610_pbo1 api610_pbo2 critical_level=1"

Whenever these issues are reported,nothing is recorded in the SM21 log.I believe this is at frontend level(Desktop),something to do with Gui XT or SAP Gui Version.

If someone has come across these issues,kindly suggest as to what could be wrong?

Regards

AnoopKrishnan

Edited by: Anoop Raveendran on Aug 23, 2010 8:20 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member283923
Discoverer
0 Kudos

My company is using GUIXT version 2011 Q2 2 and jsut upgrade SAPGUI to 720 patch 7. User is experieincing Memory Overwritten - "Internal Error" error. We're also getting reports of screen freezing while executing GUIXT buttons. Is anyone else on 720? Is anyone using GUIXT 2012 Q1 3 with SAPGUI720 patch 7 or higher?

script_man
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marsha,

we have also upgraded SAP GUI 7.20 on patch level.7. Our version is currently GuiXT 2012 Q1 1. I could see no problems until now.

Regards,

ScriptMan

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Please test with the latest GUI patch (10) and latest GUI XT from http://synactive.com/index_e.html

If the issue persists, please raise a message with an open connection and steps to recreate the issue.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Please test with the latest GUI patch (10) and latest GUI XT from http://synactive.com/index_e.html

If the issue persists, please raise a message and upload a GUIXT trace from the following steps:

To produce the trace, put the additional commands

Trace Yes

Tracefile C:\temp\guixttrace.txt

into the local guixt.ini file, before the SwitchTo... command.

You can use any folder and trace file name, but the folder (e.g. C:

\temp) must exist.

The trace is then activated for this PC only. After you got the error,

save the trace file and deactivate the trace option in guixt.ini. You

have to logon again in order that the changed guixt.ini becomes active.

Since the trace is probably quite large, the best is to zip it and then

you can either attach it to the SAP message

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

My experience with a Gui XT lock situation "api610_pbo1 critical_level=1" may occur when you access say Dev and QA at the same time, where Dev script calls are working, but QA has a script failure such as bad RFC user during a function call but you continue to try to access screens within QA. Then this pop-up Lock Situation appears and the screens show an hour glass.

script_man
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anoop,

we are working in my company also with GuiXT. The above problems, I know only in part.

For example, the problem occurs at point 2 where GuiXT script gets into an endless loop.

The point 5 could indicate that interact not GuiXT version with SAPGUI version.

Which SAPGUI version do you work? What are the scripts that are causing these issues?

Regards,

ScriptMan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAP GUI Version is 710 Patch level 14 and GuiXT Version is 2010.

Regards

AnoopKrishnan

script_man
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest that the function Tools - Trace is turned on. Then you can see which GuiXT - scripts cause errors.

Regards,

ScriptMan

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Anoop,

7.10 is no longer supported.

Please update to 7.20 asap.

[147519 Maintenance Strategy / deadlines 'SAPGUI'|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/147519]

Also ensure that you have the latest version of GUIXT installed.

Regards,

Jude