cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pop up external window with FPM application URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I configured an FPM application, and I want to pop up a window to use this application when I click some link in the main window.

Now I got some problems which are not very nice:

1. before the pop up window actually showing some stuff, I always get a classic confirmation window( A man in black suit writing something on the paper ) to let me confirm that there's some existing logons of mine, whether to cancel all existing logons. How can I skip it, of course I dont want to cancel all the existing logons.

2. when the pop up window actually showing the application. I see that the window doesnt meet my requirements. Cause it has URL link,

scroll bar , status bar, and not modal. I'm using the create_external_window method of if_wd_window_manager, I find the parameters of this method are not working well. What's the problem here? why the parameters are not working?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Aaron.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aaron,

1) It seems that SSO is not quite set up correctly in your system if this is happening. Do you have to re-enter your user/password at this point? Or is the SSO ticket already issued working? Certainly seems strange just to be prompted about multiple logins existing and not being prompted to enter a password.

2) This is in part a browser restriction - all new browsers will display the URL of the page - this is to prevent phishing attacks on users. Also the modal/non-modal option is not supported, all external windows are non-modal - refer to the [SAP help for the interface|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/43/79f82ccbec6fcde10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm]

>Note that the MODAL parameter is obsolete, as there are no modal external windows in Web Dynpro.

>The TITLE parameter is currently not supported.

The other parameters should work though...

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your quick reply.

For 1. I don't need to enter user and pw again. only a list of all my existing logons and a checkbox to say whether to cancel.

Do you have any idea how to configue the system correctly?

For 2. Actually the has_no_status bar and has_no_scroll_bar parameter are also not working.

Any idea why it's not working?

Regards,

Aaron.

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

on point 2 - there is a very old [SAP note - 918810 - Options not taken into account for external URL windows|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/918810] But if you're on that level support pack I think it is very much time that you considered patching your system! Otherwise, are you definately using a supported browser for the patch level that you are one? - Check the PAM - http://service.sap.com/pam

As to point 1 I'm really not sure - having never come across this scenario before... I've got systems where multi-gui logon has been disabled, but it did not result in that sort of behaviour, so I'm not sure...

Sorry I can't help more,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your timely help.

Although you didnt give the concrete solution. But at least, I know who to contact to solve the issue.

Regards,

Aaron.

Answers (0)