cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception error has occurred when processing dimension in SAP BPC 7.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We can not process dimension in SAP BPC 7.5 MS for client appset and also Apshell appset. The system gave this error message:

" Exception error has occurred, check the log id = xxx for more detail"

We have tried to process the dimension one by one, or all dimension together, and also tried to reboot the server and modify the dimension, but system still give the error.

Can please advice what is the possible cause and how to rectify the issue?

Thanks a lot.

Liam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

PatrickFavre
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When a process runs on errors, BPC 7.5 MS is filling-in a table called tblLogs in the SQL database that can help you finding the root-cause of your issue. See SAP notes 1364326 for more details.

You just have to search for the Log ID provided by the error message.

I hope this will guide you in the right direction.

Kind Regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the advice.

I checked on tblLogs, but the message was not clear enough. It only said that there were "system exception tracing".

But, i suspect that it was because of connectivity between Office 2007 and BPC.

I will install the data connectivity to app server and see how it goes. Will update you on the result.

Thanks a lot,

Liam

PatrickFavre
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Of course, if Data Connectivity component is not installed as per installation guide, the system won't run correctly with Excel 2007.

Keep me posted about the result after installing it on your AppServer (or all appservers if your environment is a multi-environment).

Kind Regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

The issue was solved after i installed data connectivity driver for office 2007.

Thanks a lot for the advice,

Regards,

Liam

Answers (0)