cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection not saved - Crystal 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am designing a report using Crystal 11. From within the designer I am able to set up a connection to the database and preview the report. I saved the report and attempted to launch it from a program using the crystal dll to display it. However, when I launch the report I get a message stating

Logon Failed.

Details: ADO Error Code: 0x80040e4d

Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server

Description: Login failed for user <username>

SQL State: 42000

Native Error: 18456

Not sure why it is not remembering the password. I created the connection using a udl file on that machine - which works from wiithin the report - and run the program from the same machine.

How can I get crystal to remember the password?

Thanks,

Jon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member202170
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I found solution that update the report Server and database with same Server and database

Then it is automatically updating

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, I think I got it. I just had the udl login different from the login used when I created the report in the designer. Thanks for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks but unfortunately it is on the same box. It just doesn't work when called from the dll.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stupid question time. is the dll on the same box as the report?, if not, do you need to add a ODBC connection to

the box runnning the Dll. I have found, "in my world anyway" that my reports server, and my development server, must

have the same ODBC connection. So, if my db connection on the CR servers name is FoUrTh

I must create the same ODBC connection on the reports server, and it must also be named FoUrTh. Fourth, would not work.

HTH