cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection at delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

i have a problem, my scenario is, after the delivery inspection lot is created, during delivery we are using Split Batches option, at the time of lot creation , some times system take the total Qty of delivery and make inspection lot and when i do result recording system gives error , "Batch assignment is required" (as batches has been splitted and there is no batch for total qty ) n some times system takes the Qty of a particular batch and make lot for which i can do result recording as batch is assign

i want to have a total Qty of delivery in inspection lot without the batch requirement error so what should i do

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nasir

Error for batch comes if you have not assigned batch number in the delivery document. That is why the inspection lot gets updated with BREQ status. Once the batch is assigned to the delivery items lot status will also change automatically allowing you to do result recording.

You can keep single lot in the control tab but make sure that batch number is entered inthe delivery document

Regards

Gajesh

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nasir

In the MM02 > QM View > inspection setup > 10 Inspection Active > Below you can see lot of options like Sampling Procedure , 100% Inspection etc , there you will able to see below Allowed Share scrap field - Control insLot

Choose the option One inspection lot for each batch split item

Regards

Gajesh

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nasir

1) Make sure that in the material master you have selected inspection control as batch split

MM02> QM view> Inspection setup > Inspection type 10 > INspection control tab > maintian > '3' An inspection lot for each batch split item

2) Make sure that for all the split batches you maintain batch number in the delivery document. This will get the BREQ status out

By doing this you will get inspection lot for all the batch splits

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where is" inspection Control Tab" in inspection set up in MM02

would u plz guide me

Former Member
0 Kudos

got that i was confused with Inspection control Tab"

can i get lot for full qty of delivery but with out error of Batch required

or with this error can i do RR by any mean or is there any solution

actually i have same result for all lot getting lots for each split batch data entry will be too much i want to avoid it

plz guide me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Precisly

use SAP Note

Note 302854 - QA11:Error message QV044 when making usage decision

&

Note 146945 - Making usage decision for production lots w/o batch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

problem is not with UD It allows usage Decision but give error while RR as Lot status is "REL BREQ" with this status it does not allow me to do RR but allow me to do UD

with this status "REL CALC BASG" it make the lot for only one split batch among 3 or 4 split batches assign in Delivery

either i need all split batches lots or one lot of full delivery Quantity with no error in RR as i mentioned above

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nasir

Make sure that in the material master you have selected inspection control as batch split

MM02> QM view> Inspection setup > Inspection type 10 > INspection control tab > maintian > '3' An inspection lot for each batch split item

By doing this you will get inspection lot for all the batch splits

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear

would u plz explain it

*where is "Inspection Control Tab"* in Inspection set up

after defining inspection type "10" where should i click to maintain 3 for inspection lot for each split batch

plz guide me

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nasir

Please make sure that in the VL02N the batch numbers are assigned to the batch split also. If the batch number is not assigned to delivery items you will get this error in the result recording

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

we assign batches in batch split then we do delivery

materials are handles in batches thats y we cannot delete batches

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you assign multiple batches to a delivery you should be able to inspect all batches. The main thing if i remember correctly is never assign any batches on the main screen... always do them all on the split batch screen.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you getting all splited batches (as partial lots )during RR, ( 1 inp. lot or multiple insp.lot)

Check material master , inspection type which is assigned

chage the inspection lot creation level - One inspection lot for Batch split item

then you create delivery, system will create inp. lot for each batch.

regards

Edited by: sami sami on Sep 30, 2010 7:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

thats the problem i m not getting the all split batches lot , system take one batch among the split batch and make the lot,

but i need the lot of each split batch

i m using inspection type "10" in material master is it ok??????????????

former_member494495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In VA02, remove the batch and save

and then create the delivery VL01N

Enter the batches only in batch split and do not enter the batch in any other place.

Now the inspection lot will be generated for the batches mentioned in batch split.

Regards,

Alagesan M