cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Runtime Error when opening Webflow workitem in UWL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have recently configured the UWL to pick up workitems from SAP workflow on a background system. The workitems are appearing OK in the Task folder. However, when I try to open a workitem by double-clicking on it, I get the following error:

Portal Runtime Error

An Exception occurred while processing your request. Send the exception ID to your portal administrator.

Exception ID: 05:33_30/09/10_0010_24209150

Refer to the log file for details about this exception.

NB. This only seems to happen for items that would be shown via the SAP GUI (E.g. a Confirming a task completion or user decision). The workitem runs OK if it is for a task that is visualised as a Web Dynpro app and specified in transaction SWFVISU.

I have not configured Delta Refresh options in the Workflow Administrator so do not know if this is a possible reason (I assumed that this would not cause a problem and would simply mean that refreshes only occur once every 60 seconds). Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am fairly new to Portal & UWL I would also be grateful if someone could tell where I can find the relevant log files referenced in the original error.

Regards

Simon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Simon,

Welcome to UWL :). Portal Runtime Errors in UWL don't always signify that there is a UWL issue. This could be a permissions problem, etc. I'm not sure what version of the portal that you are using. But here is a little trick for you when checking logs...you can enter in the following: irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.portal.runtime.admin.logviewer.default

and check the log file with the id that was given in the error.

Exception ID: 05:33_30/09/10_0010_24209150 is your exception id. Search for the log files in the default trace and see what the exact error message is. If you can post this here it would be great.

The log files can be found in the following location:

/usr/sap/<SID>/JC<InstanceNumber>/j2ee/cluster/

server<number>/log

or by entering the URL that I mentioned above.

Please let me know in the next reply what the portal version is:

You can get this information by doing the following:

a. log on to the portal

b. backspace out the irj/portal section of the URL

c. click enter.

d. You are now at the J2EE administration page.

e. Next, click on the system information link

f. Please click on the all components link

g. Please attach this information to the message.

I am interested mostly in the UWLJWF component but if you can attach the full software component info to this post that would be great...

Please note, that note number 1133821 is an important note that is needed in the UWL. Did you maintain your RFC destination accordingly?

Here is some additional information to help you too since you are new to UWL:

[UWL Wiki|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/bpx/uwl+faq]

[UWL Forums|;

[Business Task Management|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/9e/ccf62fff3e4a45a634e592dabb45d5/frameset.htm]

[Using Universal Worklist|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/57/c223be82104792a15c2df11377b9ed/frameset.htm]

[JavaDocs UWL API|http://help.sap.com/javadocs/NW04S/current/uw/overview-summary.html]

I hope that you find this information useful!

Best Regards,

Beth Maben

EP - Senior Support Consultant

AGS Primary Support, Business Suite & Technology

• Please see the UWL Wiki @

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/bpx/uwl+faq ***

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beth,

Thankyou very much for your reply. The information about how to access the logs was most helpful.

That are two places in the log that appear to refer to the exception:

Exception ID:05:33_30/09/10_0010_24209150

[EXCEPTION]

#1#com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.PortalComponentException: Error in service call of Portal Component*+ Component : pcd:portal_content/every_user/general/uwl/com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl.uwlSapLaunch Component class : com.sapportals.portal.sapapplication.SAPApplicationIntegratorComponent <<MY_USER>> at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.handlePortalComponentException(PortalRequestManager.java:973) at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.callPortalComponent(PortalRequestManager.java:343) at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.dispatchRequest(PortalRequestManager.java:136) and: impl:3]_22##0#0#Error##Java###05:33_30/09/10_0010_24209150 [EXCEPTION] +*#1#com.sapportals.portal.prt.runtime.PortalRuntimeException: Exception in SAP Application Integrator occured: Application URL &\#39;:///sap(ZT0wQmNaem1SY2IwdUVLYnF6YUc1UUdRLS1RaU9IcHhyKnhpTyozSUYzZlc3M1lnLS0=)/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui&\#39; is not valid! Please check the protocol and host entries for system &\#39;FU131&\#39;.

at com.sapportals.portal.appintegrator.AbstractIntegratorComponent.doContentPass(AbstractIntegratorComponent.java:123)

at com.sapportals.portal.appintegrator.AbstractIntegratorComponent.doContent(AbstractIntegratorComponent.java:98)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.AbstractPortalComponent.serviceDeprecated(AbstractPortalComponent.java:209)

The Portal version details that you requested for UWLJWF from System Info are:

sap.com UWLJWF 7.00 SP17 (1000.7.00.17.0.20080918061726) SAP AG SAP AG

I can include more if required but did not want to overwhelm the post with data.

I'm not sure if SAP Note 1133821 has been implemented. I am in the process of checking that out but I am experiencing problems accessing SAP Notes from my workstation at this point in time (something to do with proxy access I believe).

Regards

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

I have seen this issue before. Please follow the steps below, and also ensure that you patch the UWLJWF component for the highest patch level for SP17. If I can make a suggestion to you it would be to upgrade to the highest SP level. There have been many fixes for the UWLJWF component since SP17.

Test your connection in the system landscape directory on the portal. It appears that the settings for the ITS are not correct.

&#39;:///sap(ZT0wQmNaem1SY2IwdUVLYnF6YUc1UUdRLS1RaU9IcHhyKnhpTyozSUYzZlc3M1lnLS0=)/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui&#39; is not valid! Please check the protocol and host entries for system &#39;FU131&#39;.

1. I would like you to test the xxx (the xxx indicates the system that is defined in the UWL Admin UI) system

object connection in the system landscape. Please perform all tests

and let me know what their outcome is. You can do this by doing the

following:

Go to system admin, system config, and navigate to the xxx

system. I would like you to right click and perform the connection

tests to this system.

1. SAP Web AS Connection Tests

2. ITS Connection Tests

3. Connection Test for Connectors

Next I would like you to perform a connection test on the portal to

the backend systems and attach the testing data:

Please do the following:

Go to system admin > support, scroll down and click on SAP Application.

Click on SAPTransaction.

Select the xxx system from the dropdown.

Type in generic transaction like SU01 and select SAP GUI for Windows &

SAP Gui for HTML (you will need to perform the tests twice) and let me

know the output for the tests.

You can adjust these settings by opening the object in the system landscape directory.

Best Regards,

Beth Maben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beth,

Thankyou again for the detailed response. I have passed on your advice about upgrading the SP to our admin team.

With Regards to the Connection Tests, there were only two available (SAP Web AS Connection & Test Connection for Connectors). The ITS test was not available. For the two that were present all results indicated success.

I then ran the two Transaction tests. The first for SAP GUI for Windows was successful & displayed the screen. The second test for SAP GUI for HTML gave me the following error:

Portal Runtime Error

An Exception ocurred while processing your request. Send the Exception ID to your Portal Administrator

ExceptionID: 09:01_06/10/10_0001_24209150

I gather from this that the SAP GUI for HTML is the problem. When you say: "You can adjust these settings by opening the object in the system landscape directory". Do you mean that it is possible to switch the UWL to displaytasks using the SAP GUI for Windows instead of SAP GUI for HTML (that may solve the problem for me, at least until I can resolve the HTML issue)?

KInd Regards

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beth,

This has now been resolved. I passed your comments onto our administrators and they re-configured the ITS Connection. Following this re-configuration, the SAP GUI for HTML began to work and I can now open the workitems in the UWL

I'm sorry I don't have any further details to pass on other than that as I did not do the configuration myself.

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Glad that I can help!

Regards,

Beth Maben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beth,

Please assist here as well. Im pretty new to Portal & UWL, and we have this query to resolve - where the user opens a worklist item to reject/ approve but results in a runtime error:

"Portal runtime error.

An exception occurred while processing your request. Send the exception ID to your portal administrator.

Exception ID: 11:41_01/11/10_0051_5679250

Refer to the log file for details about this exception.u201D

I followed the steps you gave earlier and my results are as follows.:

The log details:

#1.5 #9EFE3D5CC80B005900000042000EC054000485DC8A2A79CA#1273082164181#/Applications/Common/Configuration#sap.com/irj#com.sapportals.config.service.audit.ConfigAuditLogManager#Guest#0##n/a##5e5e96bd586f11dfa99d9efe3d5cc80b#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_31##0#0#Info#1#com.sapportals.config.service.audit.ConfigAuditLogManager#Plain###Configuration "km.appl.rep.filter.prjconfig-2009-12-30-10-59-14-706" of topic "Configuration Upgrades" ("Upgrade") removed by user "config_fwk_service_5679250"

Topic: "Configuration Framework Settings > Deployment Monitor > Upgrades > Configuration Upgrades"

URI: "/system/deployment/upgrades/Upgrade"

Property "Reported Errors" ("reportedErrors"): "java.lang.Exception: Check error on folder "config://local/cm/services/schedulertasks", configuration object "EmptyIndexTaskCONTEXT_MA_INDEX", configuration property "timetable": "InvalidCheckConfigException: 1 elements of the list "timetable" are invalid: "yxxmxxdxxwxxoxxh00m05z7200000"

Inner exception is:

InvalidCheckConfigException: Cannot find configuration object "yxxmxxdxxwxxoxxh00m05z7200000" referenced by property "timetable" of configuration object "undefinedConfigurable" in folder "/cm/services/schedulertimetables".

"

java.lang.Exception: Check error on folder "config://local/cm/services/schedulertasks", configuration object "EmptyIndexTaskCONTEXT_MA_INDEX", configuration property "cm": "InvalidCheckConfigException: 1 elements of the list "cm" are invalid: "5679250"

Inner exception is:

InvalidCheckConfigException: Cannot find configuration object "5679250" referenced by property "cm" of configuration object "undefinedConfigurable" in folder "/cm/services/landscape/systems"."

The Portal version details that you requested for UWLJWF from System Info are:

sap.com UWLJWF 7.01 SP4 (1000.7.01.4.4.20091119045624) SAP AG SAP AG 20100324212318

All connection tests work. We've cleared the cache as well. Still no resolution. Should there be a system restart on Basis side?

Scenario that worked:

If you go to System Administration -> System Configuration -> Universal Worklist & Workflow -> Universal Worklist - Administration -> select applicable UWL system -> Web Dynpro Launch System = SAP_LocalSystem

If I remove the SAP_LocalSystem and try open the worklist item, it opens. However we need this item to be listed as the leave functionality will not work.

Any ideas/ suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emily,

Since this thread is already answered, could you please post a new thread?

You will want to post one in KMC or Knowledge Management for the config audit error, and for the UWL one, this should be an easy fix.

When you post the thread I will try to pick it up straight away and answer it.

Beth Maben

Answers (0)