cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QAAWS : Import URL failed : Unable to load URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with QAAWS . I created a QAAWS and copied URL ( I clicked "To Clipboard" but nothing happened so I clicked the URL, and a web browser appeared, then I copied this URL) .

my URL : http://boxi31:8080/dswsbobje/qaawsservices/biws?def=1&cuid=AXP8AcnBLFVClPYIcK5jUGE

Next, I opened Xcelsius \ Clicked Manage Connections \ Add QAAWS \ named this connection \ pasted the URL copied above to the blank of " WSDL URL" . After that, I clicked "Import" but an Error dispalyed : Unable to load URL.

I don't know why it happened like that . Maybe I made mistakes somewhere???

Pls, Help me to solve this problem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was having the same problem in BI4.0 SP2 Patch 16. Even external WSDLs gave the error so the issue wasn't with the BOBJ Server or the QaaWS URL syntax.

I'm on a machine that also had Client tools, CRE, CR 2008 and CR 2011 installed. I forget the install order. I uninstalled the Xcelsius patch, then the base SP2, and re-installed them both.

This fixed the issue.

So maybe one of the other installs messed with Xcelsius. If you're having this error, and the URL is displaying fine in a browser, then maybe try from another install of Xcelsius.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishit,

Thanks for the help....your suggestion for replacing the def with wsdl worked. But why this problem occurs is what I want to know since when the same URL was used in different machine, it worked without changing. Is this the problem with Xcelsius?

Regards,

Manju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am facing the same problem, our friend solved his problem and desapeared !!

Does anybody know how to solve it?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jordan,

Suppose your URL is like http://boxi31:8080/dswsbobje/qaawsservices/biws?def=1&cuid=AXP8AcnBLFVClPYIcK5jUGE

Just change "def" word to "wsdl' in above link.. and try again.. may it will work.

Rishit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How u slove this problem , I am getting same problem here

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Copy to clipboard button just copies web service WSDL URL to the clipboard (no wonder!), so you can paste it easily to any other application with the standard context menu, ShiftIns or CtrlV shortcuts...

You should not need to click the URL, except if you need to view web service description & WSDL

Regarding the other error, I'd suggest you restart Tomcat (or application server), which might cause the issue. Otherwise you could activate the traces (just edit dsws.properties so "Trace=1" and uncomment the 5 lines following #rolling file appender line in log4j.properties, both in ~Tomcat55/webapps/dswsbobje/WEB-INF/classes, before restarting Tomcat) and get in touch with the customer support.

Hope that helps,

David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of def in query, change to wsdl and import this query in QaaWS.

Rishit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishit,

Could you specify your question or comment, I am not sure I am getting it properly.

Cheers,

David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved this by myself ...__

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please tell me the solution for the same problem.

I have BOXI3.1, xcelsius 2008 and when I use the url returned by qaaws in the xcelsius data manager, I get "unable to load url" error.

Thanks,

V