cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bex Web Application not working in portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have Created a web application using Bex Web Application Designer( BI7.0). When I am executing it from BEx Web Application designer ( Execute) , it is working fine .

But in portal the same report is giving some exception like

Exception in BI runtime

The metadata of "ITE" "DROPDOWN_ITEM" are incorrect for parameter "DATA_PROVIDER_REF"

The metadata of "ITE" "PROPERTIES_PANE_ITEM" are incorrect for parameter "LAYOUT_SETUP"

The metadata of "ITE" "PROPERTIES_PANE_ITEM" are incorrect for parameter "LAYOUT_SETUP"

The metadata of "ITE" "CHART_ITEM" are incorrect for parameter "AUTOMATIC_LABELS"

I am not using CHART_ITEM then also it is givimg error .

I have installed the Bex web items and Templates from Business contect.

Could you please sugegst me.

Regards

Nilesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have created the BW iviews in portal (SAP EP 7.0 SP10). iViews work fine in Q environment but when I import all the iViews, roles and worksets in production server and assign the role to particular user, i am not able to see the bw reports. I am getting the rum time esception "Could not find portal application com.sap.ip.bi.bics.".

Any help will be appreciated.

thanks in advance,

manish

Detailed exception is given below:

Exception ID:10:38_09/02/07_0020_103787350

[EXCEPTION]

com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.PortalComponentException: Error in init method

Component : com.sap.ip.bi.web.portal.integration.launcher

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.PortalComponentContext.init(PortalComponentContext.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalComponentContextItem.refresh(PortalComponentContextItem.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalComponentContextItem.getContext(PortalComponentContextItem.java(Inlined Compiled Code))

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.PortalComponentRequest.getComponentContext(PortalComponentRequest.java(Inlined Compiled Code))

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.connection.PortalRequest.getRootContext(PortalRequest.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.runRequestCycle(PortalRequestManager.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.connection.ServletConnection.handleRequest(ServletConnection.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.dispatcher.Dispatcher$doService.run(Dispatcher.java(Compiled Code))

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged1(Native Method)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.dispatcher.Dispatcher.service(Dispatcher.java(Compiled Code))

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.servlet.InvokerServlet.service(InvokerServlet.java(Compiled Code))

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java(Inlined Compiled Code))

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java(Inlined Compiled Code))

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java(Compiled Code))

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged1(Native Method)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java(Compiled Code))

Caused by: com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalComponentInstantiationException: Could not instantiate implementation class com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.jsp.portal.components.LauncherComponent of Portal Component com.sap.ip.bi.web.portal.integration.launcher because: Could not instantiate implementation class

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalComponentItemFacade.getInstanceInternal(PortalComponentItemFacade.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalComponentItemFacade.getComponentInstance(PortalComponentItemFacade.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalComponentItem.getComponentInstance(PortalComponentItem.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.PortalComponentContext.getComponent(PortalComponentContext.java(Compiled Code))

... 29 more

Caused by: com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalApplicationNotFoundException: Could not find portal application com.sap.ip.bi.bics

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalApplicationItem.prepare(PortalApplicationItem.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalApplicationItem.prepare(PortalApplicationItem.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalApplicationItem._refresh(PortalApplicationItem.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalApplicationItem.getCoreLoader(PortalApplicationItem.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalComponentItem.getClassLoader(PortalComponentItem.java:569)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalComponentItemFacade.getClassLoader(PortalComponentItemFacade.java(Inlined Compiled Code))

... 33 more

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is strange, when executing the Web Template from the WAD and running the same Web Template in the Portal gives you error messages.

Apart from activating the Web Templates and Web Items again from the business content, I would also suggest to look on note 950030 if you still have SPS7. This would explain the odd behaviour.

Heike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I Have activated the web items but when I am trying to publish it to portal, I am getting error.

Error: <b>com.sap.ip.bi.bics.dataaccess.resource.impl.bi.exceptions.BicsResourceBwRuntimeException

Unable to find object TPL_MTH_PAYROLL_COST of type BT</b>

Pls suggest .

Regards

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

What support pack are you on? Go to support pack 8, apply latest java patches for BI Web Applications and BI Base Services, and make sure you update the latest Frontend patch to FEP1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you activated all the new 2004s resuable web items?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

I Have already activated BEx Web Template,BEx Web Item but couldnot get resuable web items.

Could you please tell me the techincal name for that.I have tried with "Enterprise Report: Reusable Element" but nothing is appearing.

Regards

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

You have to apply the web templates and web items listed on Note 925351. Applying this note solved my problems with the metadata errors in web analyzer.

As for the reusable web items, they do not exist, it is just another way to name the web items.

Regards,

Eduardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think so Prakash is referring to the Bex items from BI Content. Bex Web template (BTMP) and Bex Web Item (BITM).

You need to activate these.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Indeed. The Bex Items (BITM).