Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in currency conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Im encountering an error

Enter rate GBP / EUR rate type M for 00.00.0000 in the system settings while running a report.

Is this something to do with functionals side(OB08), or Technical.

If technical, please help me how to sort this out.

Thanks,

Priya

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just check out the functional side , that what currency conversion formulisation from the functional side you put up in. If not found there than only go for the technical side. Are you using the executable program, or in the ALV itself.

Regards,

Amit

Edited by: akg.amit on Oct 21, 2010 8:16 AM

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

Im using this FM 'CONVERT_TO_LOCAL_CURRENCY' for currency conversion.

Its an executable program(normal report)..

Regs,

Priya

0 Kudos

Hi Priya

if you will check the FM

then the date, foreign currency, foreign amount and the local currency is not optional, so you have to give these values in your program.

They all are mentdetory to give values.

Also check with your functional side about the rate they have maintained.

I think this will solve your problem.

Thanks

Lalit Gupta

0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Please check the variable in which you are passing date to this function module. I think it is not populated when calling this FM. I tried to pass the date as 00.00.0000 and the FM is returning the same error message you mentioned.

"Enter rate USD / HKD rate type M for 00.00.0000 in the system settings"

Regards,

Immanuel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Are you using any standard FM for currency conversion?

If yes check if you have passed the correct parameters to it. Looks like the date is not passed correctly. In your error message it is displayed as 00.00.0000.

Regards,

Immanuel.

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

What is the function module you're using for Currency Conversion?

If you're using CONVERT_TO_FOREIGN_CURRENCY / CONVERT_TO_LOCAL_CURRENCY, you should check the table TCURR. The "from" / "to" currency fields should be maintained against the "Exch. rate type".

You should use the same combination while calling the FM otherwise you might get these kind of exceptions.

BR,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are getting the same error message today in regard to trip processing.

I note that this issue was resolved & would appreciate if you could advise what you did to resolve the problem.

Thanks & regards,

Anne.

0 Kudos

For me this error was caused by not populating the Translation Date (bkpf-wwert).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have the bug was in the ESS -  Travel Management.

"Enter rate    /    rate type M for 00.00.0000 in the system settings"

Fixed  Note 1646953