Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME5A Report - Request for Help

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am working on the Report (ME5A) - Purchase Requisition List. I have completed the following items, viz,

a) Additon of Two more fields MRP Type and Lot Size in the Screen Input.

b) Appended the structure MEREP_OUTTAB_EBAN with the above two fields in order to get that in ALV layout.

Now I am stuck up in the place - to populate this field. I debugged it lot and not able to identify it.

Can some one give me a hint on a Function / place where this can be updated.

Thanks a lot

Regards,

Venkat

15 REPLIES 15

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venkat,

I have a similar request to add Bin Location to ME5A alv(output)..

I will appreciate it if you can give me a hint on where to add that field.

Shilpa

0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

To add a new field in this ALV, you have to modify the existing structure.

1) You have to use Append STructure. This report uses the Structure MEREP_OUTTAB_EBAN.

2) Select the structure using SE11.

3) Click Append structure.

4) Add your new field , Save and Activate it.

Now you will get this field in the report. However you have to identify the place where to populate this field.

Secondly, this field may not display at first place. you may have to use change layout at alv tool and select this field.

Regards,

Venkat

0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thank you for the hint... I was checking for an alert on for any response but never saw any alert, thanks god , this issue came up and revisited this site to find your reply.

By chance do you know where to add the logic to populate this field...

I highly appreciate your response... I had started being disappointed with this site but somehow you responded.. I remain grateful

to you...mohabbatein

0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

I exactly do not remember the function name where I did some Enhancment Spot to update the extra field.

Hmm.. What you can do is that, find out the Internal table that passed to ALV Report display method, Before that You can loop thrugh that internal table populate the field by select Query.

Meanwhile let me recall the place, as it was quite loong time back i did this change,, I forgot infact...

Regards,

Venkat

0 Kudos

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi.

I know this post is too old, but did you find the place to do this. I really need it!

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

This is very old post but i really need it ,

I am working with ME5A report and i want add more fields like company code and total value in ALV,

Please suggest what i should do ,

Shall i create "z" report and add the fields or shall i have to do the enhancement?

0 Kudos

Hi Surbhi,

Please customize the structure - MEREP_OUTTAB_EBAN

with append structure with your fields.

Then you will get this layout in the report.

You may have to find a enhancement spot to populate these fields.

REgards,

Venkat

0 Kudos

Hi  Venkat,

Thanks for the reply,

But I have to create "Z" report like  ZRM06BA00 for ME5A. And  I have to add the fields company code and total value.

please suggest where I can add fields in the  code (report ZRM06BA00).

0 Kudos

Hi Surbhi,

Do what Salman says in point 1:

1:   When you enhanced PR screen using MEREQ001 enhancement, and adding your customer field in CI_EBANDB include, then this field automatically becomes part of MEREP_OUTTAB_EBAN structure. Hence, no additional Append to MEREP_OUTTAB_EBAN is required.

Also as a point 2:

I found a PERFORM bam_daten_lesen(sapfm06b) that fills la it_eban table with data, what you would do is create an enhancement after this PERFORM an write the code to fill the field into the it_eban table, it works to me.

Bye

Juan Camilo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Venkat

Your really helped me. However, i would like to add some points :

1: When you enhanced PR screen using MEREQ001 enhancement, and adding your customer field in CI_EBANDB include, then this field automatically becomes part of MEREP_OUTTAB_EBAN structure. Hence, no additional Append to MEREP_OUTTAB_EBAN is required.

2: Secondly, while enhancing function exit "EXIT_SAPLMEREQ_003" in MEREQ001 enhancement, you can code to save new fields' data in DB. E.g. use this code:

data : l_mereq_item type mereq_item.

if not im_req_item is initial.
   l_mereq_item = im_req_item->get_data( ).
     if ( CI_EBANDB-ZZNEWFIELD ne l_mereq_item-ZZNEWFIELD ).
        move  CI_EBANDB-NEWFIELD to l_mereq_item-NEWFIELD.
        call method im_req_item->set_data( l_mereq_item ).
        ex_changed = 'X'.
      endif.
endif.

Doing this will display the new column in ME5A!

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi.

I know this post is too old, but did you find the place to do this. I really need it and when I execute the report is not passing through EXIT_SAPLMEREQ_003.

Thanks in advance.

shilpa_mukerjee
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi venkat,

Im new to this requirement,
1 . please suggest me how to add EBAN-BADAT in selection screen.
2 . and it will automatically display in alv coz it present in MEREP_OUTTAB_EBAN structure.
i have included s_badat in  bam_daten_lesen(sapfm06b)..

Ended up with short dump...please help me

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa

Can you please let me know what that Shortdump messsage says?

Regards,

Venkat

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same requirement with this post and need to show a new custom field in ME5A.

I have put the new field in my CI_EBANDB then the field is shown in ME5A, but how can I populate the field with a query? As of now the field is empty in ME5A