cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change storage location and plant for Return Delivery (outbound)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to achieve the following:

Sales orders contained the 'normal' plant. Whenever a return delivery is created it should default the plant to a 'return delivery plant / storage location'. I've looked in to this and it seems we've got multiple options, however i would like to check:

- Implement V02V0002 user-exit and link with 'return' movement type. Will this ensure plant change aswell?

- Use standard RETA rule and define ?situations?. Could somebody clearify whether we can achieve our goal with this: Change plant and storage location?

Any suggestions to achieve the above are very much appreciated.

Note: Material contains both views for 'return plant/storage location' and 'normal plant/storage location'.

System is R/3 4.6c with IS Retail activated.

Kind regards,

Tim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How the return delivery is created? Is it against the return sales order? If so, then you can try to use user exit USEREXIT_SOURCE_DETERMINATION in Include MV45AFZB to determine the plant based on return sales order type or return item category type.

For determining storage location in delivery document, you can try as you have mentioned using picking location rules. Are there more than one storage location for returns?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The delivery is created against/follow-on a sales order / subscription order / invoice. I don't think we use/have a 'return sales order'. Yes, we only use 1 plant / storage location for the returns of goods.

To sum it up:

- Implement badi/user-exit ensuring that the plant is changed/defaulted in to our 'returns plant' for return documents.

- Configure storage location via 'shipping condition'.

Correct?

Ps. I don't think we'll achieve changing the plant via configuring a shipping condition for our return document type. As the plant from the sales order doesn't match with the shipping condition it won't be taken in to account? And yes: It is mandatory/requirement to change the plant for customer return documents.

Thank you for your inputs.

Kind regards,

Tim

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> To sum it up:

> - Implement badi/user-exit ensuring that the plant is changed/defaulted in to our 'returns plant' for return documents.

> - Configure storage location via 'shipping condition'.

> Correct?

>

Yes, this is correct.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

the default of storage location for return delivery is possible by standard means as follows,

default a shipping condition for the return order type in VOV8, use this shipping condition for Shipping condition for shipping point determination in OVL2, use this shipping point & the plant for Storage location in Storage location determination OVL3.

but is it mandatory to have teh goods received in a different plant?

rgds

ilango