cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP at storage location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have a requirement in which I need to have the availability check on storage locations in the sales order.

I have a Single Plant defined in system with multiple Storage Locations. These storage locations are located at different physical locations based on the customer site.

Now when we create a sales order our requirement is :

1). System should propose a default Storage location based on Customer site

2). Make an availability check on the storage location which is proposed by default

3). If the stock is not available at that storage location , system should propose a list of available storage location with the stock availabiltiy.

Please advise how can I solve this.

Regards,

Harsh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As already expressed,

Use the custom table to default the storage location based on customer. You need to use Userexit:USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP in Include:MV45AFZB.

2). Make an availability check on the storage location which is proposed by default

With std settings, system carry out availability check @ plant level. Tx:OVZ9- activate "Storage location inspection" will only reserve the stock in particular storage location ( available in sales order), but not the availability check @ Storage location level.

If you are open for workaround, then with small piece of coding, you can achieve this.

In sales order, make the Storage location is mandatory & default from the custom table as said above. System carry out availability check using function module :BAPI_MATERIAL_AVAILABILITY- ( where system checks based on material & plant, here you can include the default storage location from VBAP-LGORT.

3). If the stock is not available at that storage location , system should propose a list of available storage location with the stock availabiltiy.

SAP has given provison to show the alternative plants, if stock is not available. Not sure same provison is given for storage location also. Else you may use STOCK DETERMINATION STRATEGY- Tx:OSPX. ( more of MM control. so MM would give more information regarding this functionality)

Hope it clears,

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply

Use the custom table to default the storage location based on customer. You need to use Userexit:USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP in Include:MV45AFZB.

My Comment -> Can we not achieve this with SAP Standard setting of Default Storage Location Determination (Logistics Execution -> Shipping -> Picking -> Assign Picking Location) to propose the default storage location

With std settings, system carry out availability check @ plant level. Tx:OVZ9- activate "Storage location inspection" will only reserve the stock in particular storage location ( available in sales order), but not the availability check @ Storage location level.

If you are open for workaround, then with small piece of coding, you can achieve this.

In sales order, make the Storage location is mandatory & default from the custom table as said above. System carry out availability check using function module :BAPI_MATERIAL_AVAILABILITY- ( where system checks based on material & plant, here you can include the default storage location from VBAP-LGORT.

SAP has given provison to show the alternative plants, if stock is not available. Not sure same provison is given for storage location also. Else you may use STOCK DETERMINATION STRATEGY- Tx:OSPX. ( more of MM control. so MM would give more information regarding this functionality)

My Comment -> How can I display the list of available plants with stock ? Is this during the availability check that it happens ?

Request you to please advise in this direction.

Regards,

Harsh

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My Comment -> Can we not achieve this with SAP Standard setting of Default Storage Location Determination (Logistics Execution -> Shipping -> Picking -> Assign Picking Location) to propose the default storage location

No, with the above customization- storage location will be defaulted only in Delivery, but not in Sales order. hence to default storage location in sales order, as suggested - enhancment has to be done.

My Comment -> How can I display the list of available plants with stock ? Is this during the availability check that it happens ?

Check in availability overview screen in sales order, you will find this option " Other plants".

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Top of my mind, i don't think it is possible in std SAP. No need to try, we tried earlier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying Satheish.

I just have one question , what if we make storage location as MRP area ? Is it then possible to have an availability check on the storage location ?

Regards,

Harsh