cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database error 7719 at EXE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi community,

We are running SAP EHP 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0 on MS SQL Server 2005 Release 9.00.3042 DB.

From this morning without install/update/change nothing, we have got on systemlog and trace data, lot of entries with this detail:

Database error 7719 at EXE

ExecuteAndFlush return code: 0x80040e14 Stmt: [ALTER PARTITION FUNCTION [/BI0/F0SMD_PE2H_PFUN0]() SPLIT RANGE (0000001009) ]

sloledb.cpp [ExecuteAndFlush,line 6678]: Error/Message: (err 7719, sev 0), CREATE/ALTER partition function failed as only a maxim

Procname: [ExecuteAndFlush - no proc]

DbSlExecute - Error 99 (dbcode 7719) on DDLExecute

DbSlExecute - <ALTER PARTITION FUNCTION [/BI0/F0SMD_PE2H_PFUN0]() SPLIT RANGE (0000001009) >

dbdsmss: DBSL99 SQL7719

CREATE/ALTER partition function failed as only a maximum of 1000 partitions can be created.

***LOG BY2=> sql error 7719 performing EXE [dbds#2 @ 699] [dbds 0699 ]

***LOG BY0=> CREATE/ALTER partition function failed as only a maximum of 1000 partitions can be created. [dbds#2 @ 699] [dbds

***LOG BY2=> sql error 7719 performing EXE [dbacds#2 @ 893] [dbacds 0893 ]

On SE14 I found anything whit the name /BI0/F0SMD_PE2H table and function /BI0/F0SMD_PE2H_PFUN0. Check option was succesfully but indicates number of partitions =1000.

After look for any similar situation, I didn't found nothing except this SDN Thread: Here the solution applied is not valid to our system because the OSS Note 1494789 - Enabling 1000+ partitions support on SQL Server is by SQL Server 2008 SP2 (not our version).

On OSS Note 1010854 - Table with too many partitions on SQL Server 2005/2008 I am not really sure about if the solution(symptom2) fits to our problem.

And on OSS Note Note 869407 - Partitioning on Microsoft SQL Server i didn't correct with tool RSDD_MSSQL_CUBEANALYZE because we don't have enabled the (vardecimal) compression.

Do you know how can I achive this error???

Thanks in advance!

Scottie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I didn't received any notification about your answers...hope it arrives on time...

When i said "Solved by collapse infocube with more than 1000 partitions", was doing this:

SOLMAN, TCODE RSA1, locate the infoprovider which is appearing on the system log, then select Manage and go Request tab and check the number of the problematic request and go to collapse tab and release the Request ID in a job_name "BI_COMP" + request ID...

That worked for me....

Scottie

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Scott,

Below is the detail from St11. I searched with "/BI0/F0SMD_PE2H_PFUN000" with these in RSA1 tcode but was not able to find the any info provider.

By looking at the below details would you be able to tell me which info provider i should be considering for compression let me know if more details is required in this regards.

Your Help is very much appreciated.

Mon Mar 24 09:33:18 2014

ERROR: -1 in function ExecuteAndFlush (SQLExecDirect) [line 6828]

(7719) [42000] [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]CREATE/ALTER partition function failed as only a maximum of

DbSlExecute - Error 99 (dbcode 7719) on DDLExecute

DbSlExecute - <ALTER PARTITION FUNCTION [/BI0/F0SMD_PE2H_PFUN000]() SPLIT RANGE (0000001069) >

dbdsmss: DBSL99 SQL7719

CREATE/ALTER partition function failed as only a maximum of 1000 partitions can be created.

***LOG BY2=> sql error 7719       performing EXE        [dbds         578]

***LOG BY0=> CREATE/ALTER partition function failed as only a maximum of 1000 partitions can be created. [dbds         578]

***LOG BY2=> sql error 7719       performing EXE        [dbacds       1131]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

Please check sap notes and documentation before you proceed.

In my situation, i solved doing this:

Go to RSA1 and select infoprovider node, then as you pasted here from ST11, go to node SAP solution Manager Infroprovider /tech name(0SM_SSM) and expand it, as you pasted, the infocube is F0SMD_PE2H.... so go to the specified node and expand it (In your case, Sap solution manager diagnostics and SMD performance data hour -PE2H- ), right click and select Manage, then go to "collapse" tab and check it and if is it the case, release a collapse job for it. Check the job execution.

Please, look for OSS notes or help docs or SDN forums before you execute any task to be safe with your DB & SAP version.

Scottie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scot,

In my Solman system we are getting exaclty same error.
Could you please let me know how you figured out which Info provider we need to compress in RSA1.

How to find out the which info provider we need to compress not able to ge tthe details from SM21.

Also let us know by increasing the partions value from 1000 to 15000 will help in resolving this issue.

Appreciate your response on this.

Thanks & Regards

Ravi

Message was edited by: Ravi Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

Please check at sm21 tcode the error, look for the number of dialog process involved, and go to ST11 tcode to open the trace and here you get the detail.

About increase partitions.... it depends of the MS SQL server version you are running. Check it at oss notes restrictions on 2005 and lower versions....

Regards

leslie_moser
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

We recently released SAP Note 1637822 which discusses the 7719 error message specifically when it occurs in SAP Solution Manager systems (see Issue and Solution 2 in the Note). SAP Solution Manager uses the SAP NetWeaver BW functionality in a different way than a pure BW system so there are some administrative tasks you absolutely must perform on an SAP Solution Manager system. This is true whether you have the 1000 partition limit or the 15000 partition limit.

The SAP Note will be updated whenever something specific for SAP Solution Manager on MS SQL Server arises.

Also, just as an FYI to everyone...we release SQL Server specific Solution Manager and CCMS (RZ20) Notes in the queue BC-DB-MSS-CCM. Be sure that you search for Notes with the component filter BC-DB-MSS* if you have an issue in one of those areas. If you specify only BC-DB-MSS then you will not get Notes from the subqueue.

Best regards,

Leslie

Leslie Moser

Developer, Microsoft Platforms U.S.

Netweaver Development Tools

SAP Labs, LLC

0 Kudos

Hi Leslie,

I've gone through that note you have mentioned, but not able to solve the issue in our solman system.

Thanks and Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

Which note have you used to solve this problem?

1010854, 1494789 ??

Thanks in advance

Roger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

By OSS Note 991014 (Vardecimal) Compression for SQL Server 2005 SP2 I have undertood I should use "BW compression" to reduce the number of partitions of the Infocube identified before.

Vardecimal compression is not enabled on our DB.

Wiht execution of RSDD_MSSQL_CUBEANALYZE report I can not repear this.....

How can I do this with MSSQL 2005 SP2 ???

Thanks again mates

Scottie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved by collapse infocube with more than 1000 partitions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I wondered if you would be able to elaborate a little on how exactly you resolved this? I have the EXACT same error occurring repeatedly in my Solution Manager system and this forum is the only detailed discussion of a fix.

I don't fully understand your last responce with regards to how you fixed the issue so any time you can spare to elaborate would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Dave Hayward

0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

I'm getting similar issue in my Solman system similar issue. Pleas e can you provide me the solution how you have sloved this issue.

Thanks and Regards

Pavan Morishetty