cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date Format in Webi Reports - Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am using a date dimension in my webI report, but the dimension value is not populating correctly, it shows some constant value for all fileds. I checked the format of the dimension in the universe. It is in perfect format as date.can anyone guide me on this.

Thanks

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try the following ways

1.If you think there is no default in Business objects the try to check out its corresponding data base table colum value and compare its values to BO report column values.

2. Check out if any formulas used for that date object at report level.

3. Goto Object properties and set your date format and check out.

Cheers,

Suresh Aluri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am creating a webi report <-universe-<Bex Query. The date is perfect in Bex Query but not in webi. i also tried using the DATE Key (not including date dimension as said above), it works fine. But the date format is 10.02.2010 but we need as 02/10/2010. i also tried to change the object properties of date key(detail) in universe, but in webi it shows database error.

0 Kudos

WHich version of BOBJ do you use and which version is your SAP BW backend system?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using BI 7 and BOBJ XI 3.1 SP3

Thanks

Praveen

0 Kudos

What's the initial data type of the object in your universe?

WHich is the definition of your date object in the universe?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My initial data type in the universe object is date... and the definition is [0CALDAY].[LEVEL01]

Thanks

Praveen Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can one give a suggestion for the above mentioned problem

Thanks,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the date is being displayed as dd.MM.yyyy in Webi then the data type of that object is not date.

You could format the value

=FormatDate(ToDate([0CALDAY]; "dd.MM.yyyy"); "dd/MM/yyyy"))

MariannevL
Advisor
Advisor

Hi,

[0CALDAY].[LEVEL01]

Will normally be defined as a Date type object, so it is treated by WebI as a date.

When you use the object in a webI report, it will get the default date format based on the locale settings of the user.

If you are getting a german date format (dd.MM.yyyy is German), that must be your preferences.

Two ways to go about this:

1) change your preferences.

2) fix the date format of the cell by using the FormatNumber dialogue.

Go to the date/time part and select Custom.

Now you can type the format you want, i.e. MM/dd/yyyy

Hope this helps,

Marianne

Former Member
0 Kudos

The answer to the discussion above is we will not get the correct date values using the Dimension. We need to use the detailed dimension key. The key will be in dd/mm/yyyy format. We can change this format using the formula mentioned by Khaled above.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

WHat kind of data source are you accessing?

Which version of BOBJ do you use?

Regards,

Stratos