cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When starting SAP client always ask about license server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Users,

from few days every user who is loggin into SAP 8.8 PL16 is asking about license server address.

After typing license server address everything works fine until next start of the SAP client - prompt for license server shows again and again.

Regards

GN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niecka,

The cause of this problem lies among the server tools can' t be reached by SAP B1 client application from user PC.

You need to check if there is a firewall that make the user unable to connect to the server.

What is your OS server ?

JimM

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP client is asked about license server address only one time when client starts and after that connection is established propertly. I believe this address should be remembered by the SAP client.

When I close SAP client and run it again I have to type license server address once again.

Regards

GN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GN........

Instead of giving server name in the License Server just input IP Address and just check it.......

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi GN........

>

> Instead of giving server name in the License Server just input IP Address and just check it.......

>

> Regards,

> Rahul

The same situation - names are resolved propertly. This issue occurs only on that customer installtion from few days.

I have even upgraded 8.8 from PL14 to PL16 believed that it helps, but helped not...

Regards

GN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have the same problem on some workstation at a customer.

and it was the same even on the SBO 2007 Version

best regards;

kvbalakumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi GN,

I experienced the same issue for the last 20 days.

Disabling the network threat protection in Anti-virus, reinstalling the SAP B1 client solves my problem.

If you use any antivirus, check whether the AV is restricting.

Also try to re-install the Cleint.

Regards,

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Confirmed,

Reinstallation of SAB BO client was helpful.

I've also clean registry entries.

Regards

GN

Answers (0)