cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printining to Uniflow Secure Printers

0 Kudos

My organisation is installing Canon Uniflow secure printers, designed so that the user logs on to the device with their Windows logon to view and process their print requests directly on the device.

We need to be able to print from ECC, but at present as ECC print jobs are created with a system user there is no way for the secure printing system to identify which Windows user originated the request. Is there a way to solve this without using front end printing, which is not recommended for productive environments?

Thanks in advance

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Koenraad/ David

My company has cannon uniflow printers for all printing needs. Now they want to use it for SAP printing also. However, I have tried to setup them in SPAD but it does not work. It so happens that when I give the hostname of the printer as hostname of the uniflow server, no printing comes. However, it works fine for fixed IP for individual printers. If you guys have configured it on your landscape, please let me know exact steps to get this working. Also, there are queues defined in uniflow for colour and BW printing. How can we address this type of functionality in SAP?

Again, for workflow printing with background user ID, you have specified the code to be inserted. I require your help in understanding the exact steps and meaning of the code too.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Javed

koenraad_vanacker
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Javed,

I only discovered your message today. Do you still need more information on this issue ?

br,

Koenraad

Edited by: kvanacker on Jun 10, 2011 3:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koenradd /Javed,

My organisation is also installing Canon Uniflow secure printers.. Please let me know  how we can print from SAP to Canon Uniflow secure printers and what we need to configure on SPAD or Device type.

Regards,

Subhash

koenraad_vanacker
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello David,

As we are also deploying Canon Uniflow in our organization, we were facing a similar prerequisite. Following solution should suit your needs :

Include code below in the device type formats (Printer initialization) of your Canon output device (should be spooling to the UNIflow input printer).

#enter PJL mode and switch to PCL language

\e%-12345X@PJL\r\n

@PJL COMMENT User=$(BENUTZER) \r\n

@PJL ENTER LANGUAGE=PCL\r\n

# reset

\eE

In the workflow of your UNIflow input printer, add a workflow element 'Identify User by PJL comment', allow you to figure out who is the real owner of the SAP print job.

Hope this helps you.

Koenraad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David,

Can you send me how to add this code or in SAP or Canon Printers

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

as far as I am aware there is no functionality in SAP to acheive your planned functionality. Other way is to limit the production printing to certain secure printers only.